GTA V

My 9 year old asked me if we could get it yesterday :annoyed:

The only reason that upsets me is it foiled my plans to get it and hide it from him :embarrassed:

meneither.
I only had the one game, though.
don't recall which.
some years back, ps2...
it was fun, but I ended up just driving around, listening to tunes.
much like Brutal Legend :lol:

I've done all of the storylines since GTA 3 :embarrassed: though there was one horrible side mission on San Andreas that I could never managed. You had to fly RC planes and use them to blow up vans within a set time :/

Unfortunately Vice City is the only one that really had any replay value after completing the mains story. I still played that regularly for well over a year after finishing it just doing stupid stuff like finding places to do stunts with motorbikes and so on.:grin:

apparently I don't know what a GTA is in this context. To me, THIS is a GTA

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv161/rpahjr/alfa_Giulia_GTA.jpg
alfa_Giulia_GTA.jpg

Vice City was EPIC. It was the last one that I completed the whole story line. San Andreas was just too big.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 4

there was one mission I just could not get thru on VC
don't remmeber what it was though

The car race.

That mission was brutal. My buddy Bob and I traded off attempts to beat that for several hours a night, for like 2 weeks. When I finally beat it, I felt like I had just solved the mystery of the Pyramids.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 4

Can't remember the car race but I did finish every level in it so must have done it.

I just Youtubed videos of the plane one I couldn't do in San Andreas and the guy makes it look easy :'(

Apparently you can play Vice City and San Andreas on the 360. I might fire them up again :grin:

I wanna say I got stuck on vice city on a mission where you had to race to the mall and shoot it up or something. I don't think I ever beat that.

^Plane part in SA made my buddy loose sleep. I think I did it on the second try.

I have never had one hold my interest to finish the entire game. It gets too repetitive after awhile.
Going to pick up Diablo III in a little bit. Let you know how that goes.

I have never had one hold my interest to finish the entire game. It gets too repetitive after awhile.
Going to pick up Diablo III in a little bit. Let you know how that goes.

Please do. Reviews seem to hold that the console version is FAR superior the PC one.

Anyone else picked it up?

The shooting whilst driving is still a total PITA though I'm hoping it'll be better in missions where you can let one character drive and you just focus on aiming but apart from that it plays great.

I've only done a few missions but the characters so far are a lot more likeable than Nico from GTA IV.

The city is amazing too. It really is a masterpiece they've created from that perspective even if the rest of he game was crap.

I've barely scratched the surface but it's all kinds of cool. I've been racing around town on a road bike (fuck that San Andreas bmx bullshit) played tennis, sailed around for ages in a speedboat and done a bunch of other stuff before worrying about the main story which is looking really cool in its own right. I've done the first heist and you need to get your crew and anything else you need (I had to hijack a few different vans) before you start the heist. I'm not sure exactly how big a bearing it will have either but when you pick your crew they have certain stats and cuts they expect for being part of it. I picked a cheap crew and a bunch of stuff messed up. I might replay it with a more expensive one to see if it's any different.

I bought it yesterday. :embarrassed:

Played until about 4 a.m., largely because I KEPT FUCKING FAILING MISSIONS. When you repo the motorcycle? I probably spent 45 straight minutes before I managed to get the bike. Tow truck mission? 45 minutes because traffic followed so closely I couldn't back into the parking lot!

It's a great game, and I'm apparently awesome at GRAND THEFT, but the AUTO portion is giving me fucking fits.

This is kinda cool... you can do physical attacks by flipping over things, including destroying cars from the right height.

Back