Question: Gretsch G6128T Duo Jet - Opinions?

Deep Eddy

Argle Bargle or Foofaraw?
I have found myself GASing for a Gretsch G6128 recently, and while I know I need to go play some to see if I like the way they feel and sound, I was curious whether anyone else here had one and could share their opinion on it.

Something like this:

2400400806.jpeg

I got my hands on a used G5438 Electromatic Pro Jet at my local music store. I was just curious, but once I started playing it, I was very impressed by not only the playability, but also the incredible tone. I would have purchased it that day, except that I did feel like my existing guitars covered the tonal area already.

What I am trying to point out is that if the Electromatic Pro Jet , which had a chambered basswood body was that good, then I would think that the G6128T Power Jet with a chambered mahagony body would be an excellent guitar.

I've got my eye on one. Dave's had it. It's the George Harrison SIG model. It's one of the few things I have GAS for these days.

Get thee down to CME right when they open, stake your claim in the amp room closest to the sizable Gretsch wall, and have at it.

Yes. My dad has the Chet Atkins version of the duo jet, the 6120 I believe. Amazing guitar.

I love all Gretsch's but I'd love a white Penguin or a caddy green Duo Jet.

I'd like them a bit more with a fixed bridge but that's part of the Gretsch quirk though I suppose.

Back