Gretchen Menn

Very lovely and impressive playing. On the second clip, I was watching her right hand the whole time. She makes that look way too easy. Grrrr!

She's definitely got skillz. The clips in the OP were quite nice, and different from what I've seen of her previously. I always thought she was pretty firmly set in the Shredder world.

Just remember that our Jbird would never have posted this if this music had come from a man.
Not necessarily. I'd post something like this if it came from a metal shredder like Kiko Loureiro, Michael Romeo, Yngwie ( :grin: ), Andy James, etc.

It just wouldn't have the " :love: " in the OP :embarrassed:

The first two clips are really really nice. Good fingerstyle folky chops. That's where it ends for me, though. As soon as she starts playing rock, she just sounds ok. I don't hear much "fire" there, and there's very little attack, IMO. I like players who aren't afraid to hit the thing hard. Still, I hope she inspires more girls to play, as much as Taylor Swift does.

The first two clips are really really nice. Good fingerstyle folky chops. That's where it ends for me, though. As soon as she starts playing rock, she just sounds ok. I don't hear much "fire" there, and there's very little attack, IMO. I like players who aren't afraid to hit the thing hard. Still, I hope she inspires more girls to play, as much as Taylor Swift does.
Given that few outside of the musicians/guitarists realm have heard of her, I suspect Taylor will have far greater influence over young girls.

Back