Greens

tompetty

Sporting a hammer...
Any other lovers of greens here?

I can make a meal out of them with a little salt,pepper and a pat of butter...
Spinach,chard,etc..

My favorite are beet greens..But I got a surprise yesterday..

I picked up a bunch of beets because I like to pickle them but usually don't eat the greens because it was always my understanding that the best greens were later in the season. And as usual these greens were thick and what I call 'woody'. I decided to cook them..

I'm a dummy....Probably the best greens I've ever had...

Not my favorite food group. It's a struggle to find ways to work more green veggies into our diet. I have grown to like spinach though.

I love collards. 45 minutes simmering in a pot of stock. That works with kale, too, and kale and collards go well together. Save the stock after cooking and you can drink it straight or use it in a sauce the next day. You can toss a ham hock in while the collards cook.

Baby spinach is great for mixing into other stuff. Grab a pile of leaves and cut them into thin strips with scissors. Then toss them into whatever sauce you’re making—instant healthy texture.

I like fresh spinach, but won't touch it cooked. That and Romaine lettuce is all the leafy greens I like.

I love spinach. I've eaten my fair share of greens out of my yard. I find collards and mustard greens really hard to get through, though.

I love collards. 45 minutes simmering in a pot of stock. That works with kale, too, and kale and collards go well together. Save the stock after cooking and you can drink it straight or use it in a sauce the next day. You can toss a ham hock in while the collards cook.

Baby spinach is great for mixing into other stuff. Grab a pile of leaves and cut them into thin strips with scissors. Then toss them into whatever sauce you’re making—instant healthy texture.
Yes...Perfect....And also great when a kid won't eat greens...

I've mixed greens in Italian sauces for spaghetti,lasagna,etc...

Kids don't even notice and I don't tell them......

Love cooked spinach. My older son asked my wife to make collard greens the other day, so I'll get those soon too.

Back