Great thrift store score.....

Denverdave

Resident Ragamuffin
Unfortunately not guitar related....but.

I always hit a couple thrift stores on my way home from church on Sundays. I am trying to find a nice coat rack for the living room.

When what to my wandering eyes should appear amongst the crappy home appliances but this little beauty.

OM10002.jpg

They cost about $200.00 new and this was sitting on the self in just about brand new condition. In fact it looks unused. They wanted $9.99. I grabbed it. I had a really nice Champion juicer but my ex got pretty much all the kitchen stuff in the divorce. And I have almost no counter space in my apartment as it is - but that was just too good of a deal to pass up! Already made some great juice.....

Nice score!

When I was a kid, I used to be embarrassed when my mother would take us shopping at the Thrift Stores/Goodwill.

Now, I completely understand it, and I approve wholeheartedly.....

My old office was right next to a Habitat for Humanity thrift store. The guys at the office went over there constantly.

One dude was an ex pawnshop employee so he had an eye for what was valuable. He found a gold looking little figurine there about six or seven years ago. Except it wasn't just gold looking, it turned out to be solid gold. I want to say it was an ounce and a half or something like that. I don't talk to the guy anymore or see him but he was holding onto it in case he ever needed money. I think he paid like 50 cents for it.

Nice! I have to keep juice out of the house because it turns my kids into zombies.

Fantastic! I use one of those NutriBullet thingies every day. That is a great score!

Back