GPOTD GPOTD 8-12-16.

I played one of the import versions sometime ago, and I was surprised that I enjoyed it as much as I did (it was one of the "higher"-end SD-equipped ones). My only gripes were that (at the time) the neck profile seemed WAY too thin (even moreso than a Wizard III or Jackson), and the body was so light that I felt like I was playing on a poly-covered balsa body - now, I like lighter guitars, but I need at least SOME weight there...

Did all Parkers have wooden necks? I thought that some of the higher-ended ones had some sort of composite neck, along with the composite fingerboard?

I have never been anywhere that I could have the chance to test drive a Parker, but then they've never done anything for me visually, so I guess I'm just not all that intested.

Did all Parkers have wooden necks? I thought that some of the higher-ended ones had some sort of composite neck, along with the composite fingerboard?

Not a composite neck, but a resin coating on the neck...like a thick shell (for want of a better comparison). Those with that finish on the neck also had the "composite" fretboard. So the neck was wood with a truss for adjustment, but the shell and fretboard allowed for lighter/softer woods to be used.

I like Parkers....though a Fly would be better.

0-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10
---------------^------------
Like-O-Meter

Back