GPOTD GPOTD 7.14.17

Nah, while once in a blue moon, I get interested in the BC Rich acrylic guitars, the Ampeg Dan Armstrong (and the reissues), has never been on my radar, and probably never will be.

noje-04s28-grohl-55_368.jpg

These were legendary guitars when I was a kid in the '70s. Anybody who had one kept it. They were renowned for their super buttery action. Plus, as was pointed out, a lot of the big rock stars then used 'em- Keef, Joe Perry and others. I'm not surprised that $3,700 is being asked for it. I don't have that kind of money to throw around but plenty of old dudes my age do and they'd happily pay it to get some of that youthful cool back. Hell, I'd buy it as a greasy, rootsy rocker guitar if I could.

These were legendary guitars when I was a kid in the '70s. Anybody who had one kept it. They were renowned for their super buttery action. Plus, as was pointed out, a lot of the big rock stars then used 'em- Keef, Joe Perry and others. I'm not surprised that $3,700 is being asked for it. I don't have that kind of money to throw around but plenty of old dudes my age do and they'd happily pay it to get some of that youthful cool back. Hell, I'd buy it as a greasy, rootsy rocker guitar if I could.
I don't hate the guitar but I can't afford it either. If it were a few hundred bucks maybe it would be a different story.

Back