GPOTD GPOTD 7.14.17

gtrjunior

Wannabe
c4fdf87771be8a4074d435e4861c6b84.jpg
4605a0d0e2accfe3dac710be2d6fa002.jpg
702a586f50186073694efd3751184ff2.jpg

1970 Dan Armstrong Lucite Guitar
https://reverb.com/item/5885578-1970-dan-armstrong-lucite-guitar

Every time I see one of these, I kick myself. One of our old local music stores had one in the used section for years and they couldn't give it away. I bet I could have gotten it for $200. :facepalm:

Every time I see one of these, I kick myself. One of our old local music stores had one in the used section for years and they couldn't give it away. I bet I could have gotten it for $200. :facepalm:

Did you ever play it? They are frickin heavy. Neat guitars otherwise.

Nah, I never took it down. It wasn't an Ibanez or Kramer so fuck that noise :grin:

It was the mid 80s :grin:

A friend and I were talking about that the other day; all the gear we ignored during that era that we could have picked up dirt cheap if we had a crystal ball.....and money :wink:

A friend and I were talking about that the other day; all the gear we ignored during that era that we could have picked up dirt cheap if we had a crystal ball.....and money :wink:
I think about that all the time. Even though back then I didn't have a pot to piss in.
You probably could have bought a Plexi or JCM 800 cheap back in the early 90's.

I was in a band with a guy right about the time Nirvana took off. He bought up a bunch of Broncos, Mustangs and MusicMasters for dirt cheap. I think he had 10-15 of them. In 2000 or so, he sold them off for a ton of cash. He told me I didn't even want to know how much he got for them all and I don't think I do.

Back