Goth teenagers at higher risk for depression, study finds.

They're not depressed because they're Goth, they're Goth because they're depressed.

That’s the penultimate paragraph:

“Teenagers who are susceptible to depression or with a tendency to self-harm may be attracted to the goth subculture which is known to embrace marginalised individuals,” said co-author Rebecca Pearson from the University of Bristol in Britain.

Some of the happiest people I’ve known were goths. Sure dressing in ornate costumes and listening to the cure attracts depressed kids, but it also attracts theater nerds who love sewing and picking out clothes.

And shit is brown.
Unless it has corn in it. Then it is brown and yellow.

But a turd is a turd, you know?

Ever think of what would happen if everyone saved all their turds and threw them into a pile?

And then we could light the turd pile on fire and somehow capture the pent-up peanut and corn juice burning to produce like some kind of "turd-plasma" energy?

Does anyone ever really read my rants, anyway?

So fuck you anyway.....a turd is a turd, and if I want to write some kind of dissertation on how turd engery could somehow become the crystal lattice of MWGL's, and therefore the known universe's thing, and we wish to bring up the SANO wars, I'm all in.

think about it, though.

If we all crapped in a bucket, mixed our collective fecal DNA, we could start a shit-storm of Biblical proportions. See what I did there?

You're not reading this, are you?

Yeah, turds are brown.
Turds with corn in them suck, especially when you first see them, because you think you're pooping a corncob. And that sounds painful. Luckily, this corn is mushy, and half-digested. The turd stinks to hell and back, though. Bonus points if it gets a hair caught in it. You can see it in the reflection in the bowl.

Really, that's all I have to say, other than Long Live Rock, and it's a shame I never became a rock star.
I would have been a good rock star.

Last edited:
And shit is brown.

Ever think of what would happen if everyone saved all their turds and threw them into a pile?

And then we could light the turd pile on fire and somehow capture the pent-up peanut and corn juice burning to produce like some kind of "turd-plasma" energy?

So fuck you anyway.....a turd is a turd, and if I want to write some kind of dissertation on how turd engery could somehow become the crystal lattice of MWGL's, and therefore the known universe's thing, and we wish to bring up the SANO wars, I'm all in.

think about it, though.

If we all crapped in a bucket, mixed our collective fecal DNA, we could start a shit-storm of Biblical proportions. See what I did there?

Yeah, turds are brown.
Turds with corn in them suck, especially when you first see them, because you think you're pooping a corncob. And that sounds painful. Luckily, this corn is mushy, and half-digested. The turd stinks to hell and back, though. Bonus points if it gets a hair caught in it. You can see it in the reflection in the bowl.

Really, that's all I have to say, other than Long Live Rock, and it's a shame I never became a rock star.
Read it.

All of it.

You owe me that minute of my life back, plus monetary damages for the emotional trauma it caused me.

So while you get your checkbook and your time machine ready, I'll just be over here curled up in the corner of a dark closet listening to Bauhaus with my headphones on.

Goth teenagers are also at a higher risk of being ugly. They didn't mention that.
411604937.jpg

Last edited:
And shit is brown.

think about it, though.

Yeah, turds are brown.

What about white corn?

I

I'm sure you were a real looker at 15, too. :rolleyes:
I know, please forgive me. I had placed a meme there which was funnier, but it wouldn't link, so I had to find a backup. To be fair, there are pretty goth girls as well.

Yeah, I think the whole Goth scene appeals to people who tend toward depression, my son included. I might point out that people who hang out at MWGL are at higher risk of being guitar players.

Is there such a thing as Goths anymore? I haven't seen anybody I would classify as a goth in ten years --that article should have been written in 1995, when it would be relevant...

Is there such a thing as Goths anymore? I haven't seen anybody I would classify as a goth in ten years --that article should have been written in 1995, when it would be relevant...

I feel like I haven't seen any in 12 years or longer.

The term itself, at least in this decade, or the previous 2 is a misnomer.

It's more of a retro - homage to the goth culture of the 80s. The look is similar, as is the overall doom and gloom prevailing nature, but the music that drives it or that which capitalizes on it is very very different.

Modern goth music is more angst and anger funneled through a sort of nu metal inspired creative pallet than the slower paced, dark satire embedded amongst an atmospheric soundscape that was part and parcel of my generation.

In terms of message, nu goth is more angry teen diet punk lyrics attached to power chords on seven string guitars, where 80s goth was all about righteous indignation and irony attached to modulation effects and single coil Fenders through Roland JCS and Fender Twins.

Now they dye their hair green and are called "scene girls".
Don't know what they call the boys, Wimps?

Back