Got wood?

BlockInlay

Octavate.band
Just got a truckload o' hardwood delivered. I'm gonna be busy in my nonexistent free time.

Some of the logs are beautiful. Huge and perfectly straight. Shame to burn it but I don't have the skills or tools to do anything else with it.

Note in the pic, that's the driver climbing up the stack.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419111092.109435.jpg

d3e17a589afbb935f4cf3bb6cc4b6222.jpg

that's a lot of lumber, lester.

i'm guessing that you heat primarily with wood. that should last most of the winter.

I do. My out of shape arms and back and a Fiskars X27 Maul.
I buy my wood split, when I buy it. Paying $160 a cord delivered right now, so it's really not worth it to cut and split. Last go-round my neighbor and I cut a bunch of trees and I sawed and split (with a maul). Not fun.

fwiw, I have looked at some split maple and you can see some of it's quilted. Haven't noticed any thing with birdseye in it though.

Wow, that pic brings back memories of my youth. I remember my parents having me help split and stack wood when I was a little kid, and the years in high school I worked splitting wood for a local supplier who sold bundles of wood to people in the cities south of NH. I still have a 1 mm square chunk of a maul in my leg from splitting wood...as the doctors decided it wasn't worth removing.

6-8. Should be enough for next winter with some extra left over.

Good for you!
I thought you got it for this year, and I was thinking "Well, you'd better get a move on, then."

If it's for next year, though.....take your time.

I buy mine pre-split, I just don't have time (or energy) to deal with it.

But I also pay a lot more than $160/cord.

Yeah, $160 a cord cut, split and delivered is a good deal. I've definitely paid more. I'm getting another cord delivered today. I might bring some of it in, but I've already got 2+ cord in the basement + 20 bags of coal and a full tank of oil.

Getting 5 cord in the spring. It's 2 degrees out right now and was below zero last night - wood is GOOD!

Back