Got my Nebraska travel guide

Nebraska was the most tedious state to drive through on our recent excursion. I'm sure there are some nice places to visit but I didn't see them ....

Z2Pstl2.jpg

I've been in Nebraska drove I 80 from one end to another. It's not as bad as you think (disclaimer: drove all the way to Kearney in the dark so I didn't see a lot of it). Somehow missed the tallest thing in the state, Chimney Rock, not sure how. Seriously though, if you ever have a chance to drive across Nebraska, go north/south, it's quicker.

As for North Dakota, I believe it exists, even though I've never been, I just don't know why. They should combine it with South Dakota and make one state that actually has some people in it.

I've been in Nebraska drove I 80 from one end to another. It's not as bad as you think (disclaimer: drove all the way to Kearney in the dark so I didn't see a lot of it). Somehow missed the tallest thing in the state, Chimney Rock, not sure how. Seriously though, if you ever have a chance to drive across Nebraska, go north/south, it's quicker.

As for North Dakota, I believe it exists, even though I've never been, I just don't know why. They should combine it with South Dakota and make one state that actually has some people in it.

I crossed Nebraska on i-80 many times. IIRC, there are signs for chimney rock all along the interstate even though the damn thing is REALLY far away from the interstate.

I don't know what the situation is now, but 12 years ago, the fines for speeding in NE were so worth it, though I was never pulled over for setting the cruise control around 95

Last edited:
That is only the Spring/Summer guide. Let us know when the Fall/Winter guide arrives. Because witnessing corn fields covered is snow is one of life's great pleasures.

It appears Gary is singing his ballad about sowing his wild oats in Nebraska.

Back