Got a smoker for my Birthday!

I also smoked brisket this weekend. The goal was Pastrami. It had been brined for 3 weeks, and I smoked it in my webber for 4 hours at around 260. Used kingsford and hickory. Fucking delicious.

I also smoked brisket this weekend. The goal was Pastrami. It had been brined for 3 weeks, and I smoked it in my webber for 4 hours at around 260. Used kingsford and hickory. Fucking delicious.
YUM!

Anybody smoke with maple? Got some the other day but can't think of what to use other than pork belly. Did shrimp in Pecan last nite...that was damn good.

Anybody smoke with maple? Got some the other day but can't think of what to use other than pork belly. Did shrimp in Pecan last nite...that was damn good.

I used maple on chicken kabobs a few weeks ago, and came out quite nice. I think it's supposed to be good with veggies.

Pecan and mulberry are shooting up the charts for beef. Orange is sensational for seafood, especially with a touch of oak, made some mahi-mahi last week that was quite tasty.

If I had to choose just one, it'd probably be cherry.

Those smokers are awesome - I have the same one. I haven't tried brisket yet but made a pair of pork shoulders over July 4th. They turned out great. Shot 'em up the night before with apple juice and vinegar. Then slathered em with brown mustard and applied a rub. Smoked about 8 hours at 225 over hickory. mmmmmm.....

Also made some excellent smoked salmon. Apply rub, then pack them overnight in a mix made from a bag of brown sugar and 1/2 cup of salt. Shake off the loose sugar mixture and smoke at 225 for about 2 hours. The salt/sugar mix draws out some of the moisture and leaves a nice glaze.

Back