Got a quad copter (video)

Which one did you get?

I'm toying with idea of getting a dji phantom II, but can't get comfortable with idea of spending a grand on a toy that might fly away if I do something stupid (likely).
C&P'd from my Amazon wishlist:

"UDI U818A 2.4GHz 4 CH 6 Axis Gyro RC Quadcopter with Camera RTF Mode 2"
51QJRi0S64L._SL1000_.jpg

My daughter saw it there and bought it for me. I see it's down 20 bucks from when I saved it to the wish list. I'm amazed at how small the battery is, not much bigger than a stick of gum. Amazing. And I now understand what you mean about extra batteries. Gonna need some more :grin:

My dad bought a ice one of those to make videos of houses they were listing. He took it out on a lake front property and the wind caught it. It launched it into the woods and it got stuck in a tree. It took him months to find it and I don't think he has been able to get it down.
Yeah. that's a concern I have!

C&P'd from my Amazon wishlist:

"UDI U818A 2.4GHz 4 CH 6 Axis Gyro RC Quadcopter with Camera RTF Mode 2"
51QJRi0S64L._SL1000_.jpg

My daughter saw it there and bought it for me. I see it's down 20 bucks from when I saved it to the wish list. I'm amazed at how small the battery is, not much bigger than a stick of gum. Amazing. And I now understand what you mean about extra batteries. Gonna need some more :grin:
Very cool! I took mine out today after not flying for a while (weather, wind). They are fun!

Quite a bit of fun I must say but some people are being downers about these. I suppose if you sunbathe in the nude it's an occupational hazard.

Got it up over the treetops last night, wasn't running the video :embarrassed: Had to be close to going out of range.

Hung it in a tree about 20' up too :embarrassed: knocked it down with a very long piece of pvc pipe. If the wind takes it, it's gone!

This thing can take a beating. I've crashed it numerous times in my short career as a quadcopter pilot :embarrassed:

Back