God is an Astronaut rig rundown

Chad

Slender Hobbit
Just stumbled onto this while looking at Novak pickups. I love this band and their gear is pretty neat. His pick is pretty crazy. Plenty of crazy turnings and an axe fx.

That was a killer show.

When did you see them? I really want to see them, Mogwai, Explosions in the Sky and This Will Destroy You. I would really like to see them all at the same show :grin:

Already got the Mogwai tickets for 9:30.

When did you see them? I really want to see them, Mogwai, Explosions in the Sky and This Will Destroy You. I would really like to see them all at the same show :grin:

Already got the Mogwai tickets for 9:30.
Yep, got mine too.

I saw them late last year. I thought I invited you...

This will Destroy You wrote my favorite song ever, so I'm down! Also love EITS.

Yep, got mine too.

I saw them late last year. I thought I invited you...

This will Destroy You wrote my favorite song ever, so I'm down! Also love EITS.

You probably did and I probably didn't get a chance to listen to them. I only discovered them about 6 months ago when I went down a EITS rabbit hole on Spotify.

I've been keeping my eyes peeled. EITS sell out so fast when they come around. They sold out back to back 9:30 shows too fast for me to snag them last time.

Weird to think of Explosions in the Sky as an in demand act. I saw them as an opener at least 2 or 3 times back in the early '00s.

Weird to think of Explosions in the Sky as an in demand act. I saw them as an opener at least 2 or 3 times back in the early '00s.

That's what I thought. I saw the shows announced (was surprised it was 2 nights at the 9:30) and thought, I've got plenty of time to get tickets. A couple of days later, I went to see which night would work better and both shows were sold out.

When I finally started exploring the shift to digital (uh, last year), I knew within minutes that a lot of traditional hardware would eventually go away. Or at least be leapfrogged.

It's just much easier in so many ways to plug in, open the laptop / app, and tweak away. The possibilities are much greater, the granularity finer ... the only reason I could see for NOT doing it 'this way' (vs. pedals and etc.) is comfort (like me). Kids coming up with this will look at most pedals and think "why?"

I really appreciate the post.

When I finally started exploring the shift to digital (uh, last year), I knew within minutes that a lot of traditional hardware would eventually go away. Or at least be leapfrogged.

It's just much easier in so many ways to plug in, open the laptop / app, and tweak away. The possibilities are much greater, the granularity finer ... the only reason I could see for NOT doing it 'this way' (vs. pedals and etc.) is comfort (like me). Kids coming up with this will look at most pedals and think "why?"

I really appreciate the post.

I am in the same boat as you. I would love to be able to use the fractal stuff or something like it. I'd probably still run it into a tube amp, they just have a give and feel that I don't get from solid state, maybe its in my head, maybe not. The endless amount of sounds you could come with is amazing. I just can't wrap my head around using it. I get overwhelmed when a pedal has more than 3 knobs, I can't imagine how long it would take me to dial up what I want not too mention the frustration it would cause when I couldn't just twist a knob or 2 and get what I wanted. One day I will take the plunge with an H9 and see how long it takes before I want to smash it with a hammer :grin:

You probably did and I probably didn't get a chance to listen to them. I only discovered them about 6 months ago when I went down a EITS rabbit hole on Spotify.

I've been keeping my eyes peeled. EITS sell out so fast when they come around. They sold out back to back 9:30 shows too fast for me to snag them last time.
Matt didn't remember this either, and I started to think I was losing my mind. Then he checked his calendar and realized that he did, in fact, go to that show with me.

Back