Hot or Not? GNG Shen 10

Jbird

Kick Henry Jackassowski
GNG-Shen-03.jpg

gng10-1.jpg

DETAILED SPECS
  • One piece European flamed maple body
  • Set-in European flamed maple neck (reinforced with carbon bars)
  • Yin-Yang ebony/maple fingerboard
  • 22,5"/29,5" fanned fretting
  • Fretless from 12th to 24th on the low 5 strings
  • Scalloped from 15th to 24th in the high 5 strings
  • Custom neck shape to fit the left hand all over the neck length
  • Quality Italian T4M headless bridges and locking nut set, custom made to fit the 10 strings feature (A.009, EBGDAE, B, F#.085 to lower C#.105)
  • Custom hand wound pickups by GNG, HSH configuration
  • Coil-tap, 5 way switching, Killswitch
  • Direct bridge pickup out
  • Double jack input to custom fit the playability between seated ergonomic studying and stage rocking,
  • Volume, Tone.

It’s absolutely not my thing. But skipping around in the video makes this seem like a perfect choice for someone who spends hours a day exploring the range of a ten string guitar. It’s like the old BC Rich designs: makes a lot of sense if you play sitting down.

Not my thing either, but I dig the combined fretted and fretless on one instrument. It opens up quite a few possibilities for the two-handed players as far basslines are concerned.

Nope, sorry just noticed that it's not a half and half fretboard, more like a 1/4 fretless board...it makes less sense to me now. Also the profile makes it too niche.

Last edited:
:) yes I am!
I had a C-9 and an Agile Pendulum 10 strings and was considering a Steinberger before I ordered this weird one. I love weird stuff. Lol

Last edited:
:) yes I am!
I had a C-9 and an Agile Pendulum 10 strings and was considering a Steinberger before I ordered this weird one. I love weird stuff. Lol
Well, I hope you'll let us know what you think of it.

In my mind, that is a guitar people will either love or hate; it would be hard to be neutral about it.

Is it an optical illusion because if the fanned frets and different color fretboard or is the neck really twisted in the first pic?

Back