Giving the BOSS RC-30 another go

Help!I'maRock!

Mediocringly Derivative
tl/dr.

I sold my Z-Vex Lo-Fi Loop Junky. Before I finally give up on the RC-30, I'm going to give it another try.

The issues I have with it are user error. I'm not the most coordinated fellow and my rhythm abilities stop somewhere between my knees and ankles, which is why I'm a terrible drummer. The RC-30 is an incredible pedal I got it for a steal of a price when I traded my ThroBak sToneBender back to the guy who sold it to me (and I had gotten a great deal on that pedal). So before going full Ditto, I feel I owe it to myself to make this work out.

The familiarity problem I have with it stems from my main board which doesn't have room for any additional pedals. It's mostly full for rehearsals. And now with an infant, my playing time at home is limited. So I want to have everything right there. Additionally, there are pedals I use in rehearsal that never make it to gigs, like my Catalinbread Valcoder and Z-Vex Channel 2. Using my own amp at gigs negates the need for either (The Z-Vex because I don't need a high impedance buffer to isolate the board from whatever mystery amp I'm using, and the Catalinbread because my Allen Encore has the greatest tremolo circuit ever).

So here's my thought: Let's get the noise pedals on the board, and create an accessory board for all the stuff that's rehersal-centric. This means removing the Skreddy Hybrid Fuzz Driver, and adding the EHX Freeze (which I absolutely love) and the BOSS RC-30. The Z-Vex and Catalinbread end up on the clipboard pedalboard I made last year for bass playing. The Skreddy will also go on the accessory board until I figure out how it really interacts with my guitar's volume knob. And I'll be able to focus on my playing more closely because we're supposedly adding a singer later this month.

Pics forthcoming, likely during an hour where there is light. But you never know, it could happen sooner.

Last edited:
tumblr_njtzrxv31t1r1df3ao1_1280.jpg

I watched a tutorial last night right before posting this thread on how to make better loop endings. The key, unsurprisingly, is tapping in a tempo with the right side pedal, playing to a click, and using the count-in feature. DUH.

Back