Give me some recipies for good ol' GREENS

I''ve done collards with a ham hock,or some bacon. Add diced onion, salt, pepper,pinch of sugar.
Saute until tender.

You could sautee dirt with some ham-hock and it would probably be good, if not a little grainy. :lol:

I've done fresh greens with leftover ham pieces (whatever you have hanging around in your fridge, I've even done leftover lunchmeat) with a little bit of maple syrup in there. Bring it up hot enough to where it JUST starts to crisp up (the syrup that is, it will start to bubble), and remove from heat.

Crumble bleu cheese on top. Serve immediately.

You could sautee dirt with some ham-hock and it would probably be good, if not a little grainy. :lol:

I've done fresh greens with leftover ham pieces (whatever you have hanging around in your fridge, I've even done leftover lunchmeat) with a little bit of maple syrup in there. Bring it up hot enough to where it JUST starts to crisp up (the syrup that is, it will start to bubble), and remove from heat.

Crumble bleu cheese on top. Serve immediately.
I'm getting really hungry now. Watching cooking shows isn't helping.Pepin is making a rib roast now.

Here's a Kale salad I like

Bunch of Kale washed and coated with 1/4 of Olive Oil, make sure to remove stems. Toss with juice of small lemon, lightly sauteed garlic, sliced apples, grated habanero jack cheese and slivered almonds. When covered and refrigerated it lasts a week to ten days. Delish!

Reactions: DFB
Here's a Kale salad I like

Bunch of Kale washed and coated with 1/4 of Olive Oil, make sure to remove stems. Toss with juice of small lemon, lightly sauteed garlic, sliced apples and slivered almonds. When covered and refrigerated it lasts a week to ten days. Delish!
Sounds good to me.

Simmer a bunch of collards and a small chopped onion in broth for 45 minutes. Trader Joe's sells a nice mix of collards and other greens that is great for this.

I boil my turnip greens in water,chicken broth,pieces of ham and a 1/4 chopped red onion. I like them with Pepper Sauce,and with a side of Black Eyed Peas. Hot Cornbread rounds out the meal.

Back