Gin

Help!I'maRock!

Mediocringly Derivative
I was at my friend's gin bar yesterday and the bartender told me about a very simple drink I can actually make. I'm sure everyone else knows about this, but it was news to me. Take my beloved Hendricks gin with ice and cucumber, add freshly ground black pepper and club soda. Well, I actually have the other needed ingredients and I'm pleased. It's a welcome change from the terrible bottle of Tanqueray I powered through with tonic.

I was a huge fan of Gin & Squirt. A good substitute for Squirt if you can't find it is half & half. (grapefruit & lemon) Fresh juices are okay IF you add some sugar to balance it out.

Ew - vegetables and seasonings should never pollute an alcoholic beverage. Yes, I'm looking at you, too, Bloody Mary and Martini :embarrassed:.

The French 75 is incredible

2 oz lemon juice
2 tsp. simple syrup
2 0z gin
add ice
top with champagne

I tried to like Gin. Never took to it. We had a heavily veggie infused one at a bar/restaurant I worked at in Chicago that wasn't terrible but it has not and never will be my first or even fourth choice. Vodka, Bourbon, and that's about it on the liquor front for me.

Not a gin fan either. I suspect I could develop a taste for it if I made the effort, but I'm happy with whisky, whiskey and tequila.

Now Bathtub Gin, that's another thing.

Back