Gilmour's Prince Tribute

If I made a joke saying something along the lines about "needs more black face" would you guys get that it was a reference to that other thread and think it was funny or would I just come across like like a complete asshat?

The whole thing was masterful. He's seriously on his game.

I respect that he's in a situation where he doesn't have to do anything he doesn't want to do AND he doesn't owe anyone anything...

But I do wish he'd tour more often and hit more cities. Sure take the summer off, but in the fall do another couple of months in the U.S. and play somewhere like the Verizon Center so I can get tickets and just Metro in.

It was a great tribute though. I find myself agree with some forumite's rants against the focus on Purple Rain, the song sort of defines him, his music, his city, his favorite color, his....AAARRRGGGHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

It was a great tribute though. I find myself agree with some forumite's rants against the focus on Purple Rain, the song sort of defines him, his music, his city, his favorite color, his....AAARRRGGGHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

That was me. Since then I've probably heard another half dozen takes on PR :mad:

That was me. Since then I've probably heard another half dozen takes on PR :mad:

Yeah, and I'm saying despite what the song means and its significance related to Prince, there's a wealth of other stuff I'd like to hear someone tackle.

I want to hear someone take a swipe at When Dove's Cry or Raspberry Beret. But I figure there'll be some tribute concerts where we'll get to hear a lot of people do a huge amount of takes on Prince's vast catalog.

About 15 years ago they did a concert to celebrate Bob Marley and it was an hours long affair that was televised (not necessarily live, but...). I think they could have and SHOULD have done the same for Bowie and should definitely do something like it for Prince.

Back