Gil Yaron Bone Voyage

OK, when you have Doug talking about price... LOL

What would you place that guitar's value at? I don't like it for my own personal reasons, but I'd say fair value would be $5500-$6000.

I'd like to say the exchange rate is a factor but the ILS is 1 : .25c for every USD so that's not it.

Honestly, I'm not opposed to spending that kind of money on a guitar (if I had it... frankly I don't even own a car worth 14k right now) but not on a Yaron. Here's why:

If I'm going to spend huge money on a guitar, I want it to be something that is unique. The Yaron, just isn't (enough). I'm sure it's well built and sounds great but it's not ticking any boxes for originality to me. Examples would be, lets say a Ken Parker Archtop. On paper, it's not ground breaking, it's still just an archtop but how it's built, the design and approach, there is nothing else like it out there.

And that's the ticket. I'd spend big money on a Pagelli just to hang it on my wall and oogle it because Claudio's work is so original, creative and amazing. Same for Frank Hartung, Saul Koll and many other builders (many of whom aren't nearly this expensive). Frankly, I've never understood any of the Yaron appeal to me. I don't really need in life a 10k dollar LP clone because it's more anal-retentive than someone elses. At a certain point, no matter how anal you are, it's still wood and strings. Give me something that is truly unique and I won't feel ashamed to spend the money.

Back