Hot or Not? Gibson Shark Nouveau Noir

Lerxst

spaghetti and blankets
upload_2017-4-7_18-26-29.png

No info. Gibson Custom posted this to instagram this week.

IMG_2746.JPG
Apparently they have made more than one of these....you can google the name and see a few different examples. This is a slightly different take on the body shape, but it has some similarities.

Last edited:
Ugly finish aside, it's interesting. But unless the Gibson custom shop is slashing prices I bet a better booteek guitar costs less.

Well, since it's a Custom Shop model, I would imagine you can order it however you'd like it.

But you're gonna pay for doing that.
:wink:

I don't hate it (the second one posted, that is), but I'll wait until more info comes out on it to really pass judgement.

Surprisingly I like it better than most things they've introduced in the pAst dozen years or so.

I can only imagine how bad the quality control would be though.

Nope....not at all.
Quit trying to reinvent the wheel, Gibson. Instead try putting out a high quality instrument at a reasonable price point.
You know, like you used to do.

It isn't for me, but I find it funny that we complain about guitar makers being in a rut, then complain when they break out of it.

If they say, why, why, tell 'em that it's human nature. :wink:

It isn't for me, but I find it funny that we complain about guitar makers being in a rut, then complain when they break out of it.

If they say, why, why, tell 'em that it's human nature. :wink:
My only real complaints with Gibson is their inflated pricing and their lack of QC (by that I mean that they should be using top of the line components for the prices they charge). TBH I love my Les Paul. It's a fantastic instrument. I bought it the year before their pricing went up.
I had to replace the nut because they install a plastic material nut at the factory. I replaced the pups because I wanted something different and higher output than the factory burstbucker pros. Which are some of the lowest output pups they make.
I have no problem with Gibson releasing new model guitars (although the OP guitar isn't for me), I just wish they would fix the 2 issues I mentioned above, which shouldn't be happening to begin with.
If they had top QC and got their pricing a bit more reasonable I bet they would skyrocket back to being the top guitar maker again.

If they had top QC and got their pricing a bit more reasonable I bet they would skyrocket back to being the top guitar maker again.

I’m not sure that they want to. I suspect Gibson’s real money maker is Epiphone. The Gibson brand probably operates as much to advertise for Epiphone as it does to make money.

Back