Gibson Memory Cable

bcryant

burnt toast
This looks kinda neat...

http://www2.gibson.com/Memory-Cable.aspx

MC-Article_01.jpg

Not sure I'd want the bulk/weight in a live situation but that's actually a good idea.
I'm shocked that they used a plain old sd card and not some proprietary medium they won't support in six months. Did Henry hit his head or something?

Now if they can just come up with a cable that will make the asstone signals I put into it sound like Chet so I had something worth recording...

Nope.

Always record. It's really easy. You don't need a special cable. Just use the apps/programs/cassettes you already have.

It’s definitely convenient. But I’m not inclined to give a fuck about a product that makes claims about price but has no list price.

Here ya go. $899 for an outstanding cable.

The articles that I saw estimated a pricetag of around $99. At that price, it could be a good deal. It will be interesting to see if this is actually better than a handheld recorder. It does say that you can plug it into the output of a PA, so I assume that it can capture vocals, or a whole band sound, as well as a single guitar.

The articles that I saw estimated a pricetag of around $99. At that price, it could be a good deal. It will be interesting to see if this is actually better than a handheld recorder. It does say that you can plug it into the output of a PA, so I assume that it can capture vocals, or a whole band sound, as well as a single guitar.

$100 is reasonable.

For a while, I had an Ovation with the "iDea" preamp (built in recorder and mic), but I found that the mid didn't pick up my singing too well, and that frankly it was just as easy to use my Tascam DR1 recorder...

ovation-preamp.jpg

you know... at first I looked at this thing and thought... What a nightmare that only a kid would buy and then regret.

After thinking about it for a bit I have to say that something like this would be sweet for rehearsals. As an improviser I would be interested in listening back to what I did and whether or not I nailed it or need to work on certain things. So I think that could be useful.

I wonder if you can play through during playback. You know, so you can solo over your rhythm backing track and have them mixed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I won't need it... the mixer I'm going to get, the Allen and Heath Qu-16, can record all 16 channels plus the 2 track master out to a USB hard drive with no PC necessary. You can actually use it to create a virtual sound check as well.

QU-16-Header.jpg

Back