Dig it! Gibson LP Special p90 review

Your thread just inspired me to take out my LP Special P90 last night (I've mostly been playing my teles lately). One thing I love about the P90s -- it's almost impossible to find an amp setting that DOESN'T sound good with them!
The neck pickup on the clean channel sounds amazing. Deep yet round with just the right amount of stank.

Not trying to hikack GtrJr's thread but this double cut fuckin smokes! The neck felt odd to me for a few minutes but I'm used to it now. The set up is spot on and the pickups are articulate and ballsy. The volume pot is very useable too for managing gain and still getting a nice sound when you turn it down.

The robo tuner system screws up from time to time but I like it. I can switch from standard tuning to open E or DADGAD or Eb etc less than a minute. Sometimes it flakes out but it's usually pretty solid.

Not trying to hikack GtrJr's thread but this double cut fuckin smokes! The neck felt odd to me for a few minutes but I'm used to it now. The set up is spot on and the pickups are articulate and ballsy. The volume pot is very useable too for managing gain and still getting a nice sound when you turn it down.

The robo tuner system screws up from time to time but I like it. I can switch from standard tuning to open E or DADGAD or Eb etc less than a minute. Sometimes it flakes out but it's usually pretty solid.
Yeah, I'm still not sure about the tuner. Like you said, it flakes out. That's a good description.
The setup is good out of the box for sure....I typically like the action a touch lower but it's certainly gtg out of the box.

Btw....you're not hijacking!! These threads are meant for discussion...

Funny -- yesterday I was idly thinking about the custom rings and positing for myself. I came up with "Sturm" and "Drang", "Mordor" and "Lorien", "Jedi" and "Sith", "One" and "Zero"

My favorite pickup selector ring
images

Back