Gibson Les Paul Traditional 2018 now with pre-cracked headstocks!

Shit happens sometimes, but with all of the mayhem of my working life as a guitarist I've never had this problem with either of my Les Pauls either. On the other hand I am very careful with those guitars because of this. I wonder how many broken headstocks happen because someone left their Les Paul on a guitar stand and their dog knocked it over.

I’ve seen a brand new LP headstock break off. In college, the guitar player bought a new LP. We were hanging out before the first show with it and he leaned it against his coffee table, like he had done a million times with his Epiphone SG and snap. Completely off. He never got to gig with it before he broke it. Gibson fixed it for free, but still.

I’ve seen a brand new LP headstock break off. In college, the guitar player bought a new LP. We were hanging out before the first show with it and he leaned it against his coffee table, like he had done a million times with his Epiphone SG and snap. Completely off. He never got to gig with it before he broke it. Gibson fixed it for free, but still.

Imagine if they could just fix things permanently on their guitars before shipping them out.
They could just take a quick look at a PRS and go "hey, that's actually quite clever" (as much as I'm not a fan of PRSs, they got that design right).
Nah, let's just slap on some robot tuners instead.

They’ve monkeyed around with volutes and such but when they mess with the basic recipe of a LP, people lose their fucking minds. Robot tuners and such, while they cause endless internet bitching, people dont seem to mind since they can be pulled off and tossed in the trash and replaced with traditional stuff. It’s gotta be a somewhat weird position to be in where people want you to innovate & imporve while not changing at the same time.

They’ve monkeyed around with volutes and such but when they mess with the basic recipe of a LP, people lose their fucking minds. Robot tuners and such, while they cause endless internet bitching, people dont seem to mind since they can be pulled off and tossed in the trash and replaced with traditional stuff. It’s gotta be a somewhat weird position to be in where people want you to innovate & imporve while not changing at the same time.

I think their HP line idea is the right one with the wrong implementation. It should incorporate all of those better construction ideas instead of just robot tuners. If you want a Traditional or a historic the headstock will fall off of, well, we have that too.

Back