Gibson Les Paul Traditional 2018 now with pre-cracked headstocks!

Reading some of the comments in the first link, General George Patton doesn't think it's a crack, because Gibson headstocks don't crack right there. I might agree with that if the guitar in question didn't have a volute. But this one does, so I could see it cracking right there instead of where the headstock and neck join together.

Hmm... seems like they got word of that pic and performed some Photoshop shenanigans:

LPTD18TBNH1_NECK_SIDE2.jpg

The fact that someone at the photo studio probably fucked it up isn't the issue. The fact that the headstock on the LP has been weak for decades ins't the issue. The fact that the shit cracked headstock picture made in on the Gibson web page and is STILL on Gibson's web page after making it all over the fucking internet over the last several days is the problem. Doesn't anyone there care?
As long as people continue to hold them up as Something special and people keep buying, there is no reason for them to care.

Yes, they made great products 60 years ago, but so did Packard. Just let it go. It’s a name on a headstock. There are a lot of companies making much better versions of those instruments. Buy those instead.

Hell, I’d take it as is. I’ve never been into pink guitars per se but there’s a certain “I don’t give a fuck” quality to them.
It depends on the guitar. I like shell pink Teles. That PRS looks really good. I’m not picking up a Hello Kitty guitar though.

It's amusing, fo sho, but on the serious side of the "head stock issue", I don't know about the rest of you, but I actually like their slanted head stock design. Maybe because I've yet to suffer the loss. But besides it having that classic "stringed instrument appearance", I'd also rather have that design than string trees or a thick volute road bump. But OTOH, I do know that my thumb often adjusts to my guitars that do have the road bump volutes.

What say you?

It's amusing, fo sho, but on the serious side of the "head stock issue", I don't know about the rest of you, but I actually like their slanted head stock design. Maybe because I've yet to suffer the loss. But besides it having that classic "stringed instrument appearance", I'd also rather have that design than string trees or a thick volute road bump. But OTOH, I do know that my thumb often adjusts to my guitars that do have the road bump volutes.

What say you?
I’ve always like what PRS does. It’s a classy and classic design. I even like the bird inlays.

Back