Gibson Explorer Steampunk’d by Franco Design Studio

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
http://rebel-guitars.com/gibson-explorer-steampunkd-by-franco-design-studio/

Gibson Explorer Steampunk’d by Franco Design Studio
franco-gibson-explorer-1.jpg

Franco Design Studio
Unique, custom, musical works of art. Merging Steampunk and Victorian influences with iconic electric guitar designs. Franco uses USA Gibson guitars as their canvas along with vintage items such as reclaimed materials such as copper, aluminum, and leather. Items from vintage clocks, engines, medical equipment are all used in making the instruments as unique as the players lucky enough to own them. All guitars with Franco’s artwork are totally playable and sound amazing.

Explorer
With its angular, asymmetrical body and pointed headstock, the legendary Gibson Explorer was light years ahead of its time when it was first introduced in 1958. In fact, the Explorer was such a radical departure that Gibson produced only about 100 of the famed instruments—many of which are now highly prized collectibles selling for upwards of half a million dollars. Today, the same far-out, futuristic Gibson Explorer—reintroduced in the mid-1970s—is one of the most coveted powerhouses of screaming rock and roll.

franco-gibson-explorer-back.jpg

Melodinjector
This guitar Franco name Melodinjector. Some of the items and features include; Lens Trial Set parts from 1917, real natural Blue Paua Abalone veneer, Brass selector dial dated 1925, vintage radio receiver pot dials, vintage A.W Price Bro & Co. Brass Medical Syringe Instrument, Birmingham, and an Ansonia clock movement, dated 1882.

franco-gibson-explorer-guitar.jpg

• Model: Explorer
  • Construction: Setneck
  • Body: Mahogany
  • Neck: Mahogany
  • Fretboard: Rosewood
  • Inlays: Pearl Dots
  • Radius: 12″
  • Scale: 24.75″
  • Frets: 24 Medium Jumbo
  • Nut: Bone
  • Tuners: Grover
  • Bridge: Tune-O-Matic, Stoptail
  • Pickups: Gibson 490R & 491T
  • Controls: Volume, Tone, 3-Way
  • Case: Hardshell
List $5495.00
Your Price $4895.00 + Shipping
On Hold

Oh Puhleez! The who steampunk think has gotten a bit overblown at times. Forget it! I'll pass on this one.

To me, buys stuff like that is like buying a double breasted suit. It looks good when it's in style, but when it goes out of style and you're still sporting it, you just look like you're not with it.

To me, buys stuff like that is like buying a double breasted suit. It looks good when it's in style, but when it goes out of style and you're still sporting it, you just look like you're not with it.

Hey, that's the only good suit I own! It is for funerals only, and all the elder relatives think it looks swell and dandy. :embarrassed:

Looks like something that should hang on a bank president's paneled office wall or something; otherwise, no fucking way.

Back