Gibson ES-390 with P90 pickups

Elias Graves

Common misfit
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ES90P14DBNH/

image.jpg

why is gibson putting white pickguards on their ES models? Easy to replace but still...

I'd hit it.

why is gibson putting white pickguards on their ES models? Easy to replace but still...

I'd hit it.
Same here. Replace the pickguard and buy it used in a couple years when the price drops and I can afford it. Maybe.

I'd hit it.

Is that a white pickguard, or is it white protective plastic over the B/W/B/W guard? From the closeup photo, it looks more like the latter. If it is a white pickguard, it does seem like an odd choice.

It's not supposed to be. I think it's just the small body size kinda minimizes it.
ah, OK. Would defs try this out. The 330 is my all-time favorite Gibson, and I missed out on the chance to snag a resissue for 2K a few months back. Still kicking myself (not literally).

yeah looks like pearloid...helps if the sun isn't reflecting off of my monitor

still...don't like it

Get full hollowbody tone out of a smaller axe with the Gibson Memphis ES-390 hollowbody electric guitar. The ES-390 sports the true hollowbody construction of an ES-330, in the lightweight body size of Gibson's ES-339. Maple laminate top, back, and sides sound sweet, with excellent articulation and detail. And with dual P-90 pickups, you'll find it easy to dial in iconic hollowbody tones. The Gibson Memphis ES-390 hollowbody electric guitar gives you fat hollowbody tones in a compact package!
Gibson Memphis ES-390 Hollowbody Electric Guitar at a Glance:
  • Amazingly lightweight and comfortable to play
  • Hollowbody plus two P-90s equals tonal freedom
  • Amazingly smooth playability, with Plek precision

• FREEEEEEEEEEEDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMM......chop....

Back