eovnyrilecp8h5vkbqyf.jpg

dbhns0fqjjr0ew8atj2b.jpg

wvx86uhxokqqf0vmlzwk.jpg

ynzxscktyvtz7rpbzefn.jpg

jfcbds4blvc4oxmhgg1a.jpg

tvnf6qtnsovfnqddindr.jpg

a3oyjpjsmlgpwcrkv9b4.jpg

wypynmfhb2oqdmndph2o.jpg

Hello, I have been selling with eBay from Japan so I can provide you the best service.

<DETAILS>
Year of manufacture: 1980
Pickup: passive
Pickup configuration: HH
Number of Frets: 22 Fret
Weight: 3.7kg
Neck Joint: Set neck
Accessories: Hard Case

If you are worried to buy a japanese item from outside japan, please choose me.
I am japanese, and we ship from japan, Our products are genuine, authentic.I do very careful packing.
Please ask all questions before bidding.
Product Specs
Condition:
Excellent
Make:
Gibson
Model:
335-S Custom
Year:
Made In:
United States

WTF is that thing supposed to be?

The Bean? Just a guitar with and aluminum neck. They were one of the first and supposedly finest alternative material electrics. Jerry Garcia played them for a bit, as did Stanley Jordan. Great guitars by most accounts, but the literal coldness of the necks was apparently off putting. He worked with Gary Kramer, who also put aluminum necks on the first Kramers, but with wood inserts to make the neck more welcoming. The Bean's are still well regarded, while Kramers are just Kramers.

The Bean? Just a guitar with and aluminum neck. They were one of the first and supposedly finest alternative material electrics. Jerry Garcia played them for a bit, as did Stanley Jordan. Great guitars by most accounts, but the literal coldness of the necks was apparently off putting. He worked with Gary Kramer, who also put aluminum necks on the first Kramers, but with wood inserts to make the neck more welcoming. The Bean's are still well regarded, while Kramers are just Kramers.
No, I know Travis Beans, I meant the monstrosity OP...

They're OK I guess. I saw one a few months ago. I just never really got into them. They probably called them a ES-335S, due to the Mickey Mouse ear shaped cutaway horns (ala the regualr ES-335).

It's still not as ugly as the ES-335S Firebrand. Apparently, Gibson found the ES-335S had some appeal, so they went the next step to try and remove all appeal from the guitar.

firebrand-4.jpg

Back