Gibson 2015

Elias Graves

Common misfit
Gibson USA continues to raise the bar of Quality, Prestige and Innovation with the new line up of 2015 guitars. All Gibson USA guitars except for the Les Paul Supreme, Firebird and Derek Trucks SG will ship with the G-Force tuning system. Among many of the added features is the new Zero Fret Nut which is a patented applied for nut that has adjustable action capabilities. The new Tune-O-Matic Bridge features a hex wrench adjustment on thumbscrews for easy action adjustments. All guitars receive a professional set up with accurate intonation, and a new PLEK program with 27% lower fret wire. All models now have Pearloid Inlays and the fingerboard is a thicker one piece rosewood which is sanded and buffed with a new oil treatment for smoother and easier playability. To take it a step further Gibson USA has increased playing comfort by widened the neck and fingerboard by .050 per side. Spearing no expense, Gibson USA even changed the internal wires from 28 awg to 26 awg, along with a new and improved jack design and together they give you an improved uninterrupted signal. For 2015 Gibson will be producing gloss lacquer finishes and no more Satin or Vintage Gloss finishes. On top of all the upgrades Gibson USA did not stop there. They are now introducing a removable Les Paul pick guard with NO SCREWS NEEDED. In honor of Les Paul's 100th birthday all LP and SG guitars will carry the 100 logo on the headstock and a Les Paul Hologram on the back of the headstock for authenticity and tribute to the man himself. To wrap everything up, each 2015 Gibson USA guitar ships in a Gibson Hard Shell case.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00NA...qid=1410137499&sr=8-4&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70#

And a slew of other new models.
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=gibson guitars 2015

What's up with the nut description?

"Spearing no expense,"
I realize copy editing is as dead as Pontiac, but, really?!!
ZlmNMlS.gif

Well, I gotta give Gibson credit for streamlining the new line a bit...the new "lower-end" lineup has pretty palatable pricing.

The 2015 Studio is back to a gloss lacquer finish, with '57 Classic pickups and an included HSC for $1229. That's cheaper than the comparable "Studio Pro" from 2014, which IIRC was $1399 and did not have the '57 Classics.

Well, I gotta give Gibson credit for streamlining the new line a bit...the new "lower-end" lineup has pretty palatable pricing.

The 2015 Studio is back to a gloss lacquer finish, with '57 Classic pickups and an included HSC for $1229. That's cheaper than the comparable "Studio Pro" from 2014, which IIRC was $1399 and did not have the '57 Classics.
Linkage to this news?

I was just reading about the new LP Special doublecut. Looks like a nice piece for about a grand, including the gloss finish and the funky new nut.

Some of the 2015 stuff is in the new Musicians’ Friend mailer that went out this week. Sadly I already gave mine to the kids, so I can’t post a pic.

I was just reading about the new LP Special doublecut. Looks like a nice piece for about a grand, including the gloss finish and the funky new nut.
Just took a look and I don't like it.

Not sure why they dance around with all source of double cut guitars they call the LP Special, but they can't just make this. It's not that hard.

1959-Gibson-Les-Paul-Special-Cherry_923581.jpg

Just took a look and I don't like it.

Not sure why they dance around with all source of double cut guitars they call the LP Special, but they can't just make this. It's not that hard.

1959-Gibson-Les-Paul-Special-Cherry_923581.jpg

They gotta change something so they can give it a new model name and raise the price without raising the price.

Back