obdj6jiliaftdylsvbk0.jpg

tdfyqropbk1s94w3pdfm.jpg

obdj6jiliaftdylsvbk0.jpg

tgs5w7ewy7tmiyekrr3d.jpg

t5yudgv4r0j54hkavaf3.jpg

je8bhvmfbbozqvegdrd3.jpg

What a find!!

All original factory "Leftover Parts" Korina Explorer

Everybody knows the history of these instruments and the history of Gibson guitars in general. When guitar models were produced, especially the ones that were not popular, there were "leftover" parts that would sit around on the production floor for years and sometimes were never assembled. These parts would eventually be cataloged and stored or made "available" to employees. This one made it off the production floor assembled and had gold parts fitted to it around 1963 including it's original, Gold, Patent No. pickups.

"Executive" guitar that did not leave the Kalamazoo factory until the sale of Gibson in the mid 80's and the company's move to Nashville, TN.

Another 58/63 Explorer with possible "added" Bigsby sold at auction for $611,000 in 2006. However, it did not have the "Prototype" headstock.

Link below:

http://www.skinnerinc.com/about/departments/musical-instruments/?fam=13&type=latest

Sold to 2nd owner in early 90's, he had the front of the guitar oversprayed because he did not like the "eggshell' to the finish. Back of guitar and neck have original finish.

All proper factory routes to body with correct wiring as well as electronics being factory soldered.

There is a 48 hour return policy on guitars. No returns on amplifiers. All returns subject to a 20% re-stocking fee. No exceptions.

A bit pricey for a parts caster McNugget guitar.

For that I could by my house twice and still have enough left over to buy every amp and guitar I'm GASing for.

If a guitar's actual value is whatever some jackass is willing to pay then this guitar will soon belong to a world-class dipshit...

Anyone else notice that it's strung wrong? Take a close look at the headstock shot. So yeah, I really want to pay a ridiculous sum to someone who obviously doesn't know anything about guitars.

Anyone else notice that it's strung wrong? Take a close look at the headstock shot. So yeah, I really want to pay a ridiculous sum to someone who obviously doesn't know anything about guitars.

I think they did that to make the logo on the headstock stand out in pictures.

Looks like there's no choice but to string it that way. If you went normal with it, the D and G strings would be wrapping around the E posts.
That's a jacked up headstock.

Back