Question: Getting an empty 2x12. Speakers?

GDSmithTX

Corporate cog
I have the following 12" speakers available. Which combo do you think would sound best in a Seismic 2x12 cab for blues/classic rock/early metal?
  • Eminence Swamp Thang
  • Eminence Legend GB128
  • Eminence Texas Heat
  • WGS Veteran 30

idn_smilie
i don't know any of those speaker models.

but it would seem for blues, the swamp thang and the texas heat would be a choice.

I would look at the power handling and frequency responses of the four speakers. Try to find two that compliment each other. If one has a certain mid frequency that's spiky, look at the other three and find one that doesn't also spike in the same place for a more balanced response.

Are the Veteran 30s supposed to be the WGS take on Vintage 30s? If so, those seem to be the choice for anything that approaches classic rock/early metal :shrug:

It totally depends on the guitar and the amp(in my experience).
But I'd try the Legend paired with something. The legend is supposedly a fairly neutral sounding speaker.
Id try to match the power ratings/efficiency as close as possible so one doesn't overpower the other.

Are the Veteran 30s supposed to be the WGS take on Vintage 30s? If so, those seem to be the choice for anything that approaches classic rock/early metal :shrug:

They are. In fact, it's like a 2nd hand clone; the speaker in question is from the Panama 1x12 I got, and it's an OEM WGS Veteran 30.

Well dammit, the $140 empty cab deal fell through. Time to start combing CL, Reverb and ebay again. Sigh.

Back