Get your Blues backing tracks and contest info here!

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
Hey there!

We haven't had a contest in a couple of months so I thought I'd get one going for October. The trick is that we are going to raid Mr LarryF's excellent collection of blues backing tracks that he has recorded with a real band!

Here is the link to the collection: http://www.lawrencefritts.com/backingtracks.html

You can use any of the tracks on the page...just "right-click" on the download link "Hi-fi" under each track listing and select "Save file as" to save the file to your computer.

I am going to set this contest to run long since mid-way through I will be a little distracted with the impending arrival of our daughter mid-month...we'll accept submissions until October 28th and voting will go until midnight November 3rd...we'll announce the winners on Tuesday November 4th..our own election day! ;D

We'll have one prize for the entry that gets the most votes...either a copy of my book "Foundations for Guitar" or a $20.00 credit for sheet music or whatever small guitar accessories that we currently have in the inventory of the retail store in our studio.

Have fun!

oops...sorry about the multiple announcements...what looked like a database failure when I tried to send this turned into an explosion of emails.... :-[

telecaster911 said:
Mark, should we call out our selections ahead of time?

I don't think so, unless you guys all want to play different songs...what do you think?

I can't play well enough to even consider entering, but I'm certainly going to look forward to listening to the entries.

~Ron~

markwein said:
oops...sorry about the multiple announcements...what looked like a database failure when I tried to send this turned into an explosion of emails.... :-[

yep, it sure did ;D

After listening to just a couple, I am interested in the "Make Me Tardy" blues and might try that. If I like it well enough, I will throw my newbie recording in the ring just for fun.

sunvalleylaw said:
After listening to just a couple, I am interested in the "Make Me Tardy" blues and might try that. If I like it well enough, I will throw my newbie recording in the ring just for fun.

Please do! ;D

Do you need me to host your clips? If so then yes, I'll have you email them to me.

I think maybe 2 clips would OK...if everyone did more than that it would probably be hard for people to listen to all of them and vote (provided we have more than one or two people submit clips smi).

Naw, I can host it. If you want to reveal them all at the same time, I'll PM the link to you. Or, do you just want them posted in here? I'll just do the one, I woke up to "Hon, theres water under the kitchen sink". Stupid spray nozzle hose started breaking down and spraying water inside the cabinet every time the water was turned on. So tonight, I'll be Joe the Plumber thwap

telecaster911 said:
Naw, I can host it. If you want to reveal them all at the same time, I'll PM the link to you. Or, do you just want them posted in here? I'll just do the one, I woke up to "Hon, theres water under the kitchen sink". Stupid spray nozzle hose started breaking down and spraying water inside the cabinet every time the water was turned on. So tonight, I'll be Joe the Plumber thwap

OK...I'm sorry...I'm a little slow this weekend....by all means PM me the link and we'll try doing a a "reveal" this time smi

That bites on the sink mad0

Back