General Request

not a request for a general.

could you guys that post youtube vids please type some kind of description of the vid for those of us that youtube is blocked by our companies.

i've opened 3 or 4 threads in a row with a vid posted and all i can see is "blocked" and i have NO idea what the subject of the thread is then.

thank you

that is all.
wave0

@Coralkong

yea, i think maybe i should stay here, since i work for one of the top 10 engineering corporations in north america....:grin:

they can't have 16,000 people streaming video because it wipes out the bandwidth needed for the 153 offices in 8 countries to communicate with each other, and then there's communicating with the clients.:thu:

I forget sometimes how lucky I am to have unfiltered internet at work. Nothing is blocked. They really only pay attention to things that are illegal.

it's not just for me. there's plenty of folks here that have blocks on youtube.
at least i remember reading replies saying "blocked".
(maybe i'm imagining it all)

it's not just for me. there's plenty of folks here that have blocks on youtube.
at least i remember reading replies saying "blocked".
(maybe i'm imagining it all)

I've heard lots of people here saying they can't see youtube/facebook and such at work. Adding a one sentence description under a video link would be a pretty decent solution so everyone can participate.

Yeah, I used to campaign for this back on GJ and finally gave up. It is frustrating when you see an interesting thread title, and open it up to just see a white box with no explanation whatsoever. (It isn't something just limited to this board or GJ of course).

@Coralkong

yea, i think maybe i should stay here, since i work for one of the top 10 engineering corporations in north america....:grin:

they can't have 16,000 people streaming video because it wipes out the bandwidth needed for the 153 offices in 8 countries to communicate with each other, and then there's communicating with the clients.:thu:

Meh, quit drinking the Kool-Aid, man......
:lol:

:wink:
I am glad you're happy.

Just don't browse the forum from your work pc.

I have the same issue at work so I just use my phone or wait until I get home for my mwgl fix.

not a request for a general.

could you guys that post youtube vids please type some kind of description of the vid for those of us that youtube is blocked by our companies.

i've opened 3 or 4 threads in a row with a vid posted and all i can see is "blocked" and i have NO idea what the subject of the thread is then.

thank you

that is all.
wave0
Will do from this time forward.

Youtube is one of a few things blocked for me at work too but if I view a thread at work that I'm interested in and it has a clip I'll watch it in the evening at home while doing my regular week day routine..

No Biggy....

Doesn't seem to cause problems with the 18,000 plus contractors for this federal aerospace agency I work for :wink: :grin: jk

I'll do my best to try to remember to post some kind of description :)

This is why I work at home. I can stream YouTube, NetFlix, and Chaturbate all day long.

Back