Garden Heat...

MrsAahzz

Multimeh
What do you all have in your garden for heat?

We have one habanero, one cayenne and 4 serranos (not to mention 6 bells, but they only count for salsa flavoring).

I've got two habanero plants. They're not in the garden though. I have them in two planters in the living room. We have a big window that gets great sun all morning/early afternoon. This pic has them both in one planter last summer.

100_0439.jpg

They're quite a bit bigger and as I said have been separated into two. I don't get peppers in the winter as they kinda go into remission, but come the spring they start blooming again.

Cayenne, Serranos, Red Hot Cherry, and Tabasco peppers. :thu: The salsa is going to be good this year. I really want some hab's but I couldn't find them anywhere.

I am really late this year. I will definitely plant jalapenos, and if I can find any serranos as well (could not find any last year). My green chiles last year never got big enough so I will skip those this year...

I am really late this year. I will definitely plant jalapenos, and if I can find any serranos as well (could not find any last year). My green chiles last year never got big enough so I will skip those this year...

I can send you seeds but yeah it really is late. If you keep them in a pot inside you shoul dbe good all year though. I have 2 baby serrano plants and I put them in ove a month ago, they take FOREVER to mature.

No heat this year...we just moved into this house and my wife and son tried putting a garden into the backyard. Of what they put in we have corn (I should go take pictures of that) and green onions and the rest never made it. The soil back there is rock hard and FULL of rocks...next year I'm going to rototill everything and start the yard from scratch....

Jalapenos, Hungarian Wax, Thai Chilli, and Poblano.

I think the fumes from the driveway sealer I just applied have been adversely affecting the peppers. Everything on the driveway side of the garden seems to be a little impaired this week. Hopefully it passes.

Last edited:
I thought this thread was going to be about a new Al Pacino movie....:mad:
ROFL, co-starring De Niro of course :wink:

Oooh, I want some pablanos too. Also participating in this year's garden: sugar baby watermelon, scarlet runner pole beans, purple bush beans, 4 varieties of tomatoes, yellow squash, peas, tomatillo, celery, beets, swish chard, lettuce, a few sad onions, 2 varieties of carrots (just planted the seeds so nothing so far) and pie pumpkins :) Oh yeah, and some strawberries in a strawberry pot. I got a little ambitious this year.

No heat this year...we just moved into this house and my wife and son tried putting a garden into the backyard. Of what they put in we have corn (I should go take pictures of that) and green onions and the rest never made it. The soil back there is rock hard and FULL of rocks...next year I'm going to rototill everything and start the yard from scratch....

Would love to see pics when you can - obviously I love the whole garden thang. Our soil is nasty thick clay. That's why a good portion of the garden is planted directly into bags of garden soil. This is my first time doing a no-dig in the bag thing, so we'll see how it turns out.

Would love to see pics when you can - obviously I love the whole garden thang. Our soil is nasty thick clay. That's why a good portion of the garden is planted directly into bags of garden soil. This is my first time doing a no-dig in the bag thing, so we'll see how it turns out.

The weeds have largely taken over. We bought the house in February and the last few owners never gave much thought to taking care of it. The yard is not high on our list of priorities until next year (Roof is the big one for this summer) but I don't think anything will really do well until we take out the top layer of soil...

Back