G&L Deal

Ive really liked the G&L’s I’ve played.

Me too. I dug my Fallout but wound up hating the big frets which is just a personal thing. And the ASAT Special I had was very cool, but I chose the wrong neck profile because I got too clever and overthought some shit and forgot about how my thumb tendonitis flares up when I don’t provide my WEAK HANDS with the right neck shape.

Very solid guitars that sound great.

But basswood, dude!?! Anyway, Smurfco is gonna buy this one with all the sex money he’s making from RANDY OLYMPIC HOTTIES. He can sell it to you when he needs cash for a full-size replica Yellow Submarine

I'm not bothered by basswood. Especially for six hundo.

I'm not bothered by basswood. Especially for six hundo.

It’s one of the few guitar dweeb things I’ve internalized as a personal superstition without any personal experience. I just don’t buy basswood guitars...for no real reason accept that it stuck in my head when I first started playing.

It’s one of the few guitar dweeb things I’ve internalized as a personal superstition without any personal experience. I just don’t buy basswood guitars...for no real reason accept that it stuck in my head when I first started playing.

The guitar I've owned the longest is my '93 MIJ Ibanez RG470, which features a basswood body. No, it's "not authentic" for a Jazzmaster, but isn't the whole point of the Doheny that it's "not authentic"?

The guitar I've owned the longest is my '93 MIJ Ibanez RG470, which features a basswood body. No, it's "not authentic" for a Jazzmaster, but isn't the whole point of the Doheny that it's "not authentic"?

The most recent iPhone iOS update has put a very aggressive word-replacer in place and it makes me sound like an idiot.

Like I don’t know “accept” from “except.” Grrr.

Anyway, I’m just paranoid that basswood is “too soft.” Based on nothing. Thanks HCGJ! It’s like a religious taboo.

I think tonewoods are mostly bullshit when it comes to solidbodies...but I think I think ash sounds best.

FUCKING GUITARISTS...HOW DO THEY WORK?!?!

The most recent iPhone iOS update has put a very aggressive word-replacer in place and it makes me sound like an idiot.

Like I don’t know “accept” from “except.” Grrr.

Anyway, I’m just paranoid that basswood is “too soft.” Based on nothing. Thanks HCGJ! It’s like a religious taboo.

I think tonewoods are mostly bullshit when it comes to solidbodies...but I think I think ash sounds best.

FUCKING GUITARISTS...HOW DO THEY WORK?!?!

LOL

That Ibanez is the only guitar I own with a wood chunk taken out of it. But I don't blame basswood on that. I blame myself for putting it in a flimsy bag and expecting it would be ok going through subway turnstiles. I got a better gig bag after that incident.

OTOH, my Ibanez AR50 is made from 5 or 6 pieces of "mahogany" and has a 3 piece fir neck. It's the best Norlin LP I've ever played.

I like basswood. I have several basswood guitars. I think they sound good and they are pretty light.

These seem like good deals on some nice guitars, especially that offset hardtail. Too bad the shipping would kill it for me.

What is it with G&L constantly blowing out guitars at steep discounts?

I think that their marketing can’t compete with The Big F and therefore most guitarists don’t think to investigate them when looking for that kind of guitar.

Plus they don’t have the allure of the boutique shit, so the USA models don’t get the love and attention.

I suspect a lot of shops are custom ordering USAs to their own specs and probably have arrangements where they can go deeper on the discount if it doesn’t sell within X timeline.

I think that their marketing can’t compete with The Big F and therefore most guitarists don’t think to investigate them when looking for that kind of guitar.

Plus they don’t have the allure of the boutique shit, so the USA models don’t get the love and attention.

I suspect a lot of shops are custom ordering USAs to their own specs and probably have arrangements where they can go deeper on the discount if it doesn’t sell within X timeline.

Or it's just a President's Day sale.

Call Crazy Eddie. His prices are IN-SANE!

Or it's just a President's Day sale.

Call Crazy Eddie. His prices are IN-SANE!

Yeah. If a brand needs attention, they can authorize deeper deals on SALE-O-RAMA days in hopes of winning customer dollars. Whereas the big dogs can exclude their items because they’ll sell anyway.

Some retailers—like the one who sends an email every day—will even honor the 20-25% discount on excluded merchandise sometimes. Of course that shit is still on backorder and ain’t shipped, but...

Some retailers—like the one who sends an email every day—will even honor the 20-25% discount on excluded merchandise sometimes. Of course that shit is still on backorder and ain’t shipped, but...

Yeah, I won't order from them unless the item is actually in-stock. So I would message him before buying anything.

Back