Fuzz and distortion pedal market saturation.

I thank the biggest problem is that a good portion of these pedals are dead on copies of other pedals that were inexpensive originally and some of the originals are still available for less!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Different flavors of distortion and fuzz are good! Taste many! Keep the ones you like! As Howie says, twiddle the knobs and find sounds that work!

to me dirt pedals can be relatively cheap entertainment that flow on and off a board, with a few good stalwarts sticking throughout the flow.

Actually, I'm a fuzz junkie. The Mojo Hand Colossus I got from Howie was a pleasant surprise. A couple weeks and some heavy practice, I'll be packing stadiums in no time.

The internet says I really need a violet Rams Head clone to be complete.

Anybody weigh in on the Skreddy Pig Mine or Lunar Module. What about D.A.M. pedals? Are they complete unobtanium? Cornish I imagine would be cool as well as Roger Mayers stuff.

Then again, I liked the Cool Cat Fuzz from Dano, but can't seem to find it. Maybe i lent or gave it away. Sometimes i do shit like that. If you're nice to me, maybe I'll give you a pedal.

How do you tell the difference after a while? I mean some, yeah, but at this point what to ones that are coming do that existing one don't.

That said, I do like the EH Glove.

There are too many pedals out there. And there are too many of the same pedal being made by different manufacturers. This is what knowing something is based on is so important.

I really dug the Colossus. The mids control gives you every sound you wanted from a muff but also the ability to be heard without an EQ or Tubescreamer behind it. I may go for an Iron Bell or a Musket down the line. But for now, I've had my muff fix.

The next distortion I want to try is the MXR Super Badass. It's a Marshall Shredmaster clone. I'd like to see how it compares to my MI Audio Tube Zone.

There are too many pedals out there. And there are too many of the same pedal being made by different manufacturers. This is what knowing something is based on is so important.

I really dug the Colossus. The mids control gives you every sound you wanted from a muff but also the ability to be heard without an EQ or Tubescreamer behind it. I may go for an Iron Bell or a Musket down the line. But for now, I've had my muff fix.

The next distortion I want to try is the MXR Super Badass. It's a Marshall Shredmaster clone. I'd like to see how it compares to my MI Audio Tube Zone.
That reminds me... I still have to finish building my violet ram's head Muff kit.

Then you have what you need to play in a rock band.

Distortion, Fuzz, Boost.
In that order. All in one box.

I've got the circuit done...and it's one circuit board.

I'm just futzing with the enclosure aesthetics.
This part has been a year-long project.

Back