fused's latest pick design....

fused

Improvisationalist
Having fun again...
Two slices of Rosewood with liquid plastic sandwiched in between.
Love both rosewood picks and exothermic plastic picks and now have both in one pick.
Plus half of a round pick (love it for rhythm) plus a side thats excellent for shredding.
Both sides (between the round and shred) are nice and fat with great control and great tone producers.
like 4 picks in one that are seemless...

Hey, its what I do, lovin it :)

http://fusedimprov.com/images/rosewoodliquid-plastic-core.html

Aliumalite...

Its a two part liquid plastic resin that exotherms into a different material.... A hard plastic.
So by mixing the liquids and pouring a layer over the first sheet of rosewood, then topping it with the second sheet, and a weight to press them together, you get this sandwich that is ready to use in about 5 minutes...

Last edited:
Cool... have you tried a long bevel at the tip so that most of the rosewood disappears and the entire tip edge is plastic?

Cool... have you tried a long bevel at the tip so that most of the rosewood disappears and the entire tip edge is plastic?

Not yet... Been side tracked by a pot/wiring/mod project on the kids Ibanez GB10.. Almost done....

But I do plan on making a mold to just add a plastic tip to the rosewood pick...
Get the grip and feel of the rosewood but the attack and sound of the plastic.

But what you ask, I do also plan on trying that... Would need to make a little thicker core so that there's something to work with when I do sand away the wood, kind of like a lead pencil approach only wider and flatter...kind a....

Back