Fury, Birdman, Gone Girl

James Franciscus

Kick Henry Jackassowski
I saw all three movies in the space of a week and a half. Fine films that I highly recommend. It's nice to see good film making for a change. Very inspiring.

Please don't wait nine years from now and post about about these movies with excuses. Sit with the great unwashed and enjoy how films are meant to be shown. Have a group experience.

Discuss.

Sit with the great unwashed and enjoy how films are meant to be shown.

Surrounded by people who won’t stop texting and taking phone calls? I gave up on movies after I went all the way from Manhattan to the Brooklyn Academy of Music to see a film hoping that people at a famous art theater would turn off their phones. Nope, even there I had to put up with that shit. Nothing but a Tarantino movie can get me into a theater anymore.

Surrounded by people who won’t stop texting and taking phone calls? I gave up on movies after I went all the way from Manhattan to the Brooklyn Academy of Music to see a film hoping that people at a famous art theater would turn off their phones. Nope, even there I had to put up with that shit. Nothing but a Tarantino movie can get me into a theater anymore.

People get publicly shamed for that now a days.

We might see one of those three this weekend... haven't been to the cine in too long. I also want to see St. Vincent.

I was going to see Gone Girl two week-ends ago, got to working around the house and watching football, and missed the show time. I could've went to a later showing but said screw it.

I might try and go this weekend.

People get publicly shamed for that now a days.

I once lost my shit and yelled at a guy who answered a phone during the oping credits of I am Love. And I’ve seen plenty of people shaming their friends (usually a guy shaming his girlfriend). But that ends up being just as annoying.

At the end of the day the movie industry has the money to buy all the politicians it wants to. If they choose not to pay to repeal regulations against jamming phones in theaters then that’s their loss.

I make it to the movies as often as possible. I love the movies, and I try to support the industry and good theatres.

I do miss some stuff that I'd like to see; 3 young kids... But yeah. I'd rather spend extra to support independent chains and to vote with my dollar, than to wait to for a streaming site or throw money to Apple.

And I strongly believe that you miss something when you're watching at home, though I do love great DVD/BR productions, like Criterion's.

After reading the book, we saw Gone Girl a week or so ago. Very well done!

I really want to see Birdman, but it's only playing in a few places in NYC and LA. Supposedly they're looking to branch out considerably as it's selling out like crazy (per theatre gross it's the best selling movie this year).

I went and saw Fury yesterday.

Pretty good movie, but I wouldn't call it a great movie. I thought Pitt's character was too over-the-top, same with the dude from Walking Dead. Some great tank combat shots though. The Shermans vs. Tiger scene was intense.

I didn't look to see who was in it prior to going, and all through the film I had no idea the preacher guy was Shia LaBeouf. Great job from him to make me not even realize it was him and not think about the crappy Transformers movies. Also was surprised to see Nick Memphis in it :embarrassed:

Back