Funny quote from a guitar center sales rep

mystixboi1

Kick Henry Jackassowski
Tonight I took a trip to my local guitar center to return a guitar that I ordered from another Guitar Center from Florida.

When I walked through the door, my normal sales rep saw me and immediately came over and wanted to see what was in the case. When I opened up the guitar cases job dropped. He said that the guitar was gorgeous and was shocked that I would return something so beautiful.

I told him that the sales rep that I bought it from said that it was in near mint condition and that it looks show room condition to him. Then I flipped over the guitar and show him all the dings and next down to the wood the guitar had. I then showed him the chunk of wood that was missing from the eighth fret above the low e-string.

I told him that I was shocked that an employee, who actually turned out to be the department manager, told me that the guitar was in size excellent condition when I clearly had many defects.

He responded by saying "that's what you get for shopping at guitar center ". We both had a chuckle because we knew what he was talking about. He's always been honest with me but He knows that there's a lot of bad apples in this bunch.

I just thought this was a funny story to share

I guess the keyboard player for Symphony X still works at the GC in East Brunswick, when Symphony X isn't recording or touring.

Mystix should buy a Michael Romeo signature guitar and take it in to get signed :wink:

Back