FS - Analogman SD9 :: $oldz

RyanNo3

Pedals - Pedals - Pedals
Analogman SD-9 // $old!!

From Analogman.

Mid Range mod
The SD9 has quite a scooped midrange, especially stock when you turn the tone knob up any amount. After our super mod the lows are a little better but but it's still scooped in the mids. In 2007 we came up with a mod with the help of local guitar phenom Roger Filgate who loves the SD9/super but needed more mids to cut through with the band live.

We can now add a midrange trim pot on the Maxon SD9 board as there is plenty of room. It is marked at the stock value and we set and mark it at what we feel is a nice setting with a slight mid boost. I like best it with the tone knob down low with the mid at our marked setting, no more scooped 90's LA sound, just a nice classic rock distortion tone. The trim pot will not fit on the original Ibanez SD9 pedals as there is no room on the board. This is a $15 option.

For either the Maxon or Ibanez sd9, we can add a small external MID pot under the volume or dist pot. The modform has the MIDRANGE mod available internally or externally, along with our super mod or standalone (if you already have the super mod). This is a $25 option on a new pedal.

Vertex Effects - as we discussed for the BBE Ben Wah scandal created the Dynamic Distortion (essentially the SD9 modded to Analogman specs to remove mid hump and offer a dynamic fuzz control via volume knob). Look at this marketing video.

And David Ryan Harris

While I'm sure Vertex changed somethings... I can mostly replicate it with the SD9. They even say the stock SD9 is 80%... I'm pretty sure the next 20% is the Analogman mods...

FullSizeRender.jpg

Last edited:
Back