Friday's Frivolous Poll: J Geils Band

Like them or no?

• Thumbs up

Votes: 21 80.8%
  • Thumbs down

Votes: 5 19.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You can't go wrong with those guys. Great party band and Jay is one of the top Ferrari mechanics around with a killer personal collection.

Never really cared for them that much.....but never listened too much beyond the two or three radio singles they had. So I cannot render a thumb decision.

I'm with Denverdave. I don't turn them off if a song comes on the radio, but never go out of my way to listen to them. They seem like they have fun, though.

If you can listen to "First I Look at the Purse" and tell me you don't like it, I will respect your opinion. LIKE :thu:

The radio songs were ok pop fun and fluff but I I was a fan long before "Centerfold"
Check out the albums "Full House" and "Bloodshot"

One band I never got to see live, but they didn't come south much.

Dug them. They were hugely popular where I happened to be stuck in the early 70s for junior high school (central VA). You couldn't go to a house party (see what I did there?) without Full House getting several full spins on the turntable. Wore out my copy of that one and even had a limited edition of Bloodshot pressed in red vinyl .... Lost touch with the band before Centerfold and other later radio hits. Just "spun" Full House on YouTube--good stuff. :thu:

Back