Fret-King Esprit III

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
Fret-King Esprit III Green Label UK custom shop Eggle masterbuilt guitar korina

https://reverb.com/item/291237-fret...k-custom-shop-eggle-masterbuilt-guitar-korina

• Listed 3 days ago by AC Tone
  • Condition: Excellent

di6fkzlq9pjj5jgrmhoo.jpg

hwvrvtaviviq6jfavtsa.jpg

di6fkzlq9pjj5jgrmhoo.jpg

hwvrvtaviviq6jfavtsa.jpg

mfqqj25srudhctg4vkwn.jpg

fp3u19xo44rq4fa1dvvz.jpg

This is a high end boutique guitar from England, a Fret-King Esprit III. Fret-King is guitar industry legend/inventor Trev Wilkinson's highly regarded custom guitar company, and the Green Label models are the elite hand-made in the UK Custom Shop models, the cream of the crop (and very expensive). Last I checked this model new cost around $2600. There are also a blue and black label to the line. This one is from the rare and premium Green Label line.

This guitar was from the esteemed run that Trev Wilkinson had built at world-renowned luthier Patrick James Eggle's UK shop. Eggle's name is visible on the picture of the headstock.

I bought this awesome guitar awhile back at my favorite local music shop, who was at the time, I believe, the only U.S. dealer of Fret-King guitars. This thing blew away all the fancy Gibsons and everything else on the racks.

Solid lightweight Korina body and neck. One of the most celebrated tonewoods in existence, korina is a lightweight, resonant wood with its own magic tonal qualities. It was made famous by its use by Gibson in the late 50's on Flying V's and Explorers, and has been celebrated ever since. This Esprit III has a set neck, 25 1/2" scale, 3 P90 pickups, rosewood fingerboard, 5 way switch. Finished in a stunning vintage seafoam green. This guitar delivers some astonishing tones and plays great. It has remained studio kept in my smoke-free home. There are a few nicks here and there but it is in overall great shape and ready to rock! Regretfully selling to pay for some studio equipment.

Comes with the high quality Fret King UK hard case. This is a very rare and special custom shop guitar, and you likely will never be able to find another just like it.

Product Specs
Condition:
Excellent
Make:
Fret-King
Model:
Esprit III Green Label
Finish:
Seafoam Green
Categories:
Solid Body
Made In:
United Kingdom

Probably nice and a decent price. All the same, a Rev Warhawk 390 gives you similar specs for quite a bit less.

Not my taste but if it came out of the Eggle factory, I would expect it to be a damn fine guitar.

Disclaimer: Yeah, I'm an Eggle fanboi.

On looks, it's just ok - to me. If it plays as well as the ad copy says, then it would probably be worth the money. I couldn't buy it online, though.

I kind of dig that. I will never understand why volume and tone knobs are placed so far away from where they need to be for quick and easy access

Always liked the model. But maybe the a model of guitar I wouldn't like in Seafoam Green.

I really dig it.

Don't think it'd ever be for me, and I've never really liked reverse headstocks, but that's definitely hot, and people who think otherwise are wrong.

I've wanted a Fret-King since seeing Geoff Whitehorn playing with Procol Harum. His guitar was a Strat style and sounded incredible.
fret-king-black-label-corona-630-80.jpg

Back