Hot or Not? Fred Stuart 50th Anniversary Broadcaster

angry tele

L'effet c'est moi
I didnt even know these were made until about an hour ago.
Fred Stuart makes my all-time favorite Tele pickups, his Fred Stuart Blackguards
I believe he designed the original 51Nocaster, and a few other guitars including Jimmy Pages Baja-Sexto used on the Page-Coverdale album (another one is seen in Dan Erlewins book) He of course was the head Master Builder at the Custom Shop from the mid 1990s to early 2000s.

anywho here it is...price today? $11,000 (ok to be fair they only made a run of 50 or so, probably all made by Fred himself)

sweet guitar but the deal breaker, and its a big one, is on the headstock. But! If its vintage accurate that shite will just peel right off.

ive seen one that has no Leo Fender script just "broadcaster" which is like a reverse No-Caster of sorts

The headstock wouldn't make me blink, but the price would sure make me swallow hard. It's sure outa my league.

Why did they do the decal like that?
who knows. Fred Stuarts' Achilles heel is headstocks. Look at his custom made guitars.

I mean the logo works in theory or on paper but it falls short in practice.
"we'll have Leos signature" sounds like a good idea...
dude made some awesome Fenders when he worked at the custom shop. Now he takes a trad tele, adds a fret and goofy headstock just to be different I guess.

his pickups are still the best though hands down.

Hot, but a lot of coin for a tele. And yeah that case is pretty cool.
I have serious jones problem for period correct cases for my herd. The Thermometer case has risen to the top of my obsession, and the Lifton Archtop for the 1950-ish Gibson is right there as well.

you guys know those cases are notoriously crappy right? They give them away free with all 51 Nocasters as well as the real rectangle case. Most just throw the thermometer case in the garbage as its flimsy junk.

but this case im sure is made by G&G and very nice indeed.

you guys know those cases are notoriously crappy right? They give them away free with all 51 Nocasters as well as the real rectangle case. Most just throw the thermometer case in the garbage as its flimsy junk.
but this case im sure is made by G&G and very nice indeed.
I've never seen a real thermometer case in real life, so I ASSumed they would be as sturdy as the rectangular tweeds.

Back