Hot or Not? Framus Devin Townsend

wok

Unholy Meat Obelisk
I am torn. Like the features, not sure whether I love or abhor the looks :messedup:

CO_0666FXXX54BPMFT6XZ_01.jpg

CO_0666FXXX54BPMFT6XZ_02.jpg

CO_0666FXXX54BPMFT6XZ_03.jpg

CO_0666FXXX54BPMFT6XZ_04.jpg

Matched Headstock: Redwood Burl in Nirvana Black Transparent High Polish
Machineheads: Grover Mini
Nut: Graph Tech Black Tusq low friction nut
Neck Wood: Flamed Maple
Fretboard: Tigerstripe Ebony fingerboard
Inlay: Devin Townsend Circle at 12th fret and triangle in Body
Leds or Fluorescent Side Dots: Illuminated Side Dots
Fingerboard Radius: 12"
Scale length: 628mm / 24,75"
Fret quantitiy meterial and size: 22 Nickel Silver jumbo frets (Width: 2.9 mm / Height: 1.3 mm) rounded edges
Frets: Invisible Fretwork Technology; Plek Fretwork
Body Shape: Curved Bodyshape
Bodywood (Topwood / Backwood): 1" AAA Flamed Maple Sides with Redwood middle part top/Mahogany back
Pickups: Fishman Fluence Devin Townsend Signature
E Compartment Cover: Matched Wooden Electronic compartment Cover
Pot layout: Volume/Tone
Switch: 2x Toggleswitch
Function of switch: Selecting coils and Voice of pickup
Pickguard: ---
Bridge system: Evertune bridge
Strap system: Warwick Security locks
Construction: Set-Neck
Left Righthand: ---
Colour possibilities: Bleached Nirvana Black in the middle / White seethrough outside HP
Hardware colour: Black
String label String gauges: Cleartone Strings: .010" - .046"
Weight: 3,8 kgs
Included accessories: Framus “User Kit”
Packing: Handmade Genuine Leatherbag by Rockbag® (RB 20206 B F)
Certificate: Individually issued certificate of authenticity
1: Anthrazit HP back
2: White Triangle in Body white LED´s

WATCH THE VIDEO :lol:

Looks kinda like one of the newer JP sigs.
Anywho, his Framus custom shop guitars go for like 5 grand. I have a hard time imagining they sell more than a couple of 'em.

i love that.

the balaguer i just got with an evertune is amazing. really cool bridge that works exactly as advertised. always being in perfect tune is a really great thing.

i love the fishman fluence pickups too.

that guitar looks amazing.

i love that.

the balaguer i just got with an evertune is amazing. really cool bridge that works exactly as advertised. always being in perfect tune is a really great thing.

i love the fishman fluence pickups too.

that guitar looks amazing.

The evertune is one of those things I never want to try. Kind of like the Earvana nut. Once you get that perfect tune, you will need it on everything. I would hate that :grin:

The evertune is one of those things I never want to try. Kind of like the Earvana nut. Once you get that perfect tune, you will need it on everything. I would hate that :grin:

yeah its a real downer. get to practice, out of the case in perfect tune, play for 2 hours without tuning once, still in perfect tune. get to a gig, in perfect tune out of the case. play a show, never have to tune and sound great all night.

my only concern is why i didn't get one sooner lol.

yeah its a real downer. get to practice, out of the case in perfect tune, play for 2 hours without tuning once, still in perfect tune. get to a gig, in perfect tune out of the case. play a show, never have to tune and sound great all night.

my only concern is why i didn't get one sooner lol.

Not what I meant. If you have 10 guitars and one has the evertune, you will never play the other 9 unless you get it installed on all of them. The others will sound off and collect dust.

Does the evertune, just keep the guitar tuned or is it an intonation thing? Giving it perfect pitch in all positions? Because if it is just a keep it in tune, I guess I don't need it. At Barnstorm, I tuned my McFeely Friday when I took it out of the case (not that it was out of tune, I just made sure it was still in tune from the hour and a half in the car) and didn't have to retune all weekend. And that was after heavy use of the vibrato.

That bridge seems awfully fiddly and complicated -- lots of parts. I'd be curious to check it out. FYI, I currently have a guitar with a 2Tek bridge, and while it's nice, I doubt I'd pay extra for something like that.

Oh -- and am I a bad person because I've never heard of Devin Townsend?

Not what I meant. If you have 10 guitars and one has the evertune, you will never play the other 9 unless you get it installed on all of them. The others will sound off and collect dust.

Does the evertune, just keep the guitar tuned or is it an intonation thing? Giving it perfect pitch in all positions? Because if it is just a keep it in tune, I guess I don't need it. At Barnstorm, I tuned my McFeely Friday when I took it out of the case (not that it was out of tune, I just made sure it was still in tune from the hour and a half in the car) and didn't have to retune all weekend. And that was after heavy use of the vibrato.

intonation is perfect too. i am already planning to buy another balaguer with an evertune and get one installed on my previous #1.

its not that my other guitars sound off. i think i will still play them, they are still fun to play. one has a bigsby and another strat has a floating trem so the evertune doesn't really scratch those itches. but it is really awesome and it does work exactly as advertised.

its not that complicated once you spend some hands on time and figure it out. there are three holes per string for adjusting tuning, string height and intonation. each string has a dedicated spring that holds the saddle in place using a lever. it takes a bit to learn and do your first setup but once its in the zone its set and forget it. very easy to change strings.

At first glance I was thinking "yeah... thats ok" but it's growing on me more and more. Pretty slick.

I like it. I think the weird light up triangle thing and fretboard inlays are a little over the top, but otherwise I like it.

Back