Four force em-1

iamjethro

a good kind of terrible
Just bought one through an outlet. Anyone have one they can school me on it. I saw all the vids online, but it was only about 60 bucks shipped,so I took a chance.

Maybe a decent practice/monitor amp.

5 watt 10 in. speaker plastic shell.

Anxious to hear it. Some vid reviews were really positive, but the comments were not as favorable usually. Expected delivery in a week or two. Will let you know how it works out.

Was just wondering if someone else had one and what they thought of it.

The local Mom & Pop had them. I thought it sounded better than it should for the price, and that it's made out of plastic. Didn't like it enough to buy one.

I've herd a lot worse. Plus one person likes one sound...

As far as price, I buy mostly used. Gave 50 bucks for this. With shipping, and tax, is was probably $75. I think it was a way better deal, but I love the sound of this, so I think it's a better deal than almost ANY amp you can buy new.

P1100387.JPG

My hope is that it has enough oomph and sounds good enough to be a little extra monitor with a group I play in doing kids songs with a twist.
I am in the monitor, but right beside horns and the drums on the other side of me I sometimes cannot hear if I have to go to single note leads. Hoping tis would be enough to aim at my face and get the little extra I need to make sure I am in the right place.
At worst it allows me the chance to leave my Frontman 25R at rehearsal space and use this as practice amp at home. The Fender has plenty of power to monitor with.

ok, I have played around with the amp a little now. It sounds pretty good. It is gets loud for 5 watts. I was expecting a little less volume, but it is loud enough to bother the wife if I crank it.

It holds clean pretty well, but will get a fair overdrive if you push the gain knob. I am getting most of my distortion from a pedal, though. I wish it had reverb built in, but it does take the pedals well and using effects have sounded pretty nice.

Is it a really high end amp? No. But it does sound really nice for practice and is loud enough I can even use it at band practice too. It is considerably worth more to me at this point than the $60 or so I wound up paying.

Back