Formula 1 discussion

TomcatMF

Vetteless
Well the 2014 season is underway and we finally get to see these new hybrid V6 turbos running in anger. It appears that Mercedes has the car to beat, but then again reliability issues may change the outcome of quite a few races this year. In fact I expect a lot of teams will use up their 5 engine limit before the end of the year so there will be some grid penalties in the later races.

I already miss the sound of the high revving V8 engines, but the technology in these new powerplants is fascinating and no doubt it will attract more manufacturers back to F1.

Well the 2014 season is underway and we finally get to see these new hybrid V6 turbos running in anger. It appears that Mercedes has the car to beat, but then again reliability issues may change the outcome of quite a few races this year. In fact I expect a lot of teams will use up their 5 engine limit before the end of the year so there will be some grid penalties in the later races.

I already miss the sound of the high revving V8 engines, but the technology in these new powerplants is fascinating and no doubt it will attract more manufacturers back to F1.
I watch a bit of the practice session yesterday. It will be an interesting year to be sure. I'm still not a fan of the penis nose pieces on some of the cars.

One thing I am looking forward to is Ferrari taking both championships.

2nd, Massa and Team Williams having a great year.

3rd, Vettel miring in the middle of the standings with a car that is no longer the kijg of the track.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

I'm going to wait and see how this season shapes up. As I recall Red Bull did not get off to a great start last year but finished kind of strong...:P. I'm not a Vettel fan but he is a good driver (you don't win 4 consecutive championships on luck alone though he has had good luck as well) and a good reliable car. Red Bull racing is still a formidable team, it just may take them a few races to get going.

What I am very hopeful for is that we get some really good close races with the new rules

I am a Vettel fan, I think he and Alonso are the best drivers on the grid. However it will be nice this year to not have Red Bull dominating the season. I wouldn't count them out though. Vettel had some great drives in mediocre cars before he went to Red Bull. They have the best aerodynamics guy and great engineers too.
Although they won't dominate I don't see them going to mid-pack.
But what do I know, I didn't foresee McLaren sucking as bad as they did last year.
Whatever happens it is looking to be an exciting season!

I don't dislike Vettel or RB, but I greatly dislike how their recent dominance has effected the sport.

The qualifying session early tomorrow morning will tell us a lot more than the practice sessions. A lot of drivers set some decent laps and then spent the rest of the session running much slower, presumably testing a full fuel load.

I think reliability is going to be the name of the game. I don't think we will se a Renault powered car in the top 5. I think mercedes cars will be fast, but I think the ferraris will be close on pace, but more reliable. Just a guess, really. I think the front pack will be hamilton, alonso, kimi, and nico changing places though the race, with vettel, massa, and botas challenging for 3-4 spot.

It will be fun to see how wrong I am on Sunday. :)

I don't dislike Vettel or RB, but I greatly dislike how their recent dominance has effected the sport.

Dominance in any sport breeds a lot of dislike from the non partisan...which is why I dislike Man U :P.

Dominance in any sport breeds a lot of dislike from the non partisan...which is why I dislike Man U :P.

My last name is Moyes, I won't tell cuz you said that...

It will be interesting to see how dumping the old KERS system controlled by push button to the new ERS controlled by engine management will work.

Haha, Vettel got schooled by Ricciardo

Yep, he sure did. Ricciardo and Magnussen both had awesome drives today. It will be interesting to see how Vettel does tomorrow compared to his team mate.

Yeah, lots of retirements from some big names. Pretty interesting to see past champions in the middle of the pack. I don't want to add any spoilers for those who might not have seen it yet.

Fuckin' Kobyashi pulled a Grosjean and took Massa out at turn 1, asshole.

Oh snap! Ricciardo got disqualified and negated his podium finish due to Red Bull being some cheatin' ass mofo's.

I kind of like shaking things up, but honestly i think they went too far. So many mechanical changes at once, and cutting the fuel by 30%. I don't like it when mechanical issues are such a huge factor. Just so the sport looks more "green"? I hope the teams can figure this out pretty quickly.

I kind of like shaking things up, but honestly i think they went too far. So many mechanical changes at once, and cutting the fuel by 30%. I don't like it when mechanical issues are such a huge factor. Just so the sport looks more "green"? I hope the teams can figure this out pretty quickly.

The teams will get a handle on it soon enough. It isn't so much about the changes, as it is the very limited pre-season testing allowed. It may take a few races to sort out the gremlins, but that should also ensure a more competitive year.

Back