Forget about that cheap, fuzz collecting, velcro...

baimun

Funkasaurus Rex
I've been using the Scotch "Extremo" fasteners which stick on like velcro but both sides are tiny plastic beads, not fuzz on one side and hook on the other. I tell you... when you lock them in place, there's no way you'll accidentally knock a pedal loose.

I had been buying them in little packs of 3 inch strips for a couple bucks each, but I had my local Lowes track down a big ass box of the stuff in a pair of long rolls. I redid my electric pedal board by peeling off all the little pieces of velcro and putting four long strips of the Extremo surface across.

velcro2.jpg

velcro1.jpg

If you already have a pedal board with the fuzz on it, pedals with the extremo connectors will stick to it, but not like two of the same surfaces clicking together.

I think it was $27 for a pair of rolls totalling 10 feet. :baimun:

Me and Mark were initially interested in the Temple Audio Pedalboard system.

The boards are super light are well made and the fastening system is really cool.

But as soon as you put any weight on the board the whole thing flexs

I change my board around too much for this stuff. I'll stick with the fuzz.

I change things around too... but what I like is that I've had some of the fuzz velcro lose it's grip either by the fuzzy half getting ragged or the loop side picking up fuzz.

I usually use a screwdriver or a string cutting tool from my bag and just give each pedal a little "pop" and they come apart like legos. Then move pedals around and click them back in place.

That looks pretty cool. I don't recall ever having an issue with the velcro, though, except for the adhesive on the back, which is an easy fix.

That looks pretty cool. I don't recall ever having an issue with the velcro, though, except for the adhesive on the back, which is an easy fix.

We have cats... and their play area is adjacent to my guitar area... so I've set pedals down while reconfiguring my board and then when I go to put the pedal back, there's fuzz everywhere. :gah: I like the way the Extremo connection tape goes "click-click" when you pop a pedal on the board.

Me and Mark were initially interested in the Temple Audio Pedalboard system.

The boards are super light are well made and the fastening system is really cool.

But as soon as you put any weight on the board the whole thing flexs

Yeah. Godzilla stomp too much for that shit :embarrassed:

I like that. Getting a new pedalboard is towards the top of my wish list so I'll keep that in mind when the time comes.

The concept is cool but how rigid is that board?

As Mark mentioned about Godzilla, you can add in Bigfoot as well.

Back