For The Racing Fans Here.....

just a heads up.....next saturday (Jan. 25th) at 2pm on Fox......the 24 Hours of Daytona......it's only a 2 hour show, so it will obviously be condensed....but it's something....if you don't have cable.

and the 2014 Racing Season will begin.

Reactions: OGG
i know OGG is a big Formula 1 fan, and i like that racing too.....but i'm a big fan of IMSA (even tho, i don't follow it like i did in the 80's and early 90's....mostly cuz i don't have cable anymore). i love the 24 Houres du LeMans, but i also am a fan of the American LeMans series too.

and for those who are not really familiar with F-1 or IMSA.....yes.....there IS racing that have RIGHT turns. :grin:

Reactions: OGG
I can't wait for F1 season to begin. McLaren and Ferrari will be unveiling their 2014 cars on Friday and Saturday respectively. Sauber on Sunday.

First race weekend is still nearly 2 months away though, and it's killing me. I want to see Felipe Massa bring some former glory back to Williams. I want to see Fernando and Kimi duke it out on track as teammates. I want to see Sebastian Vettel get his ass handed to him in a brand new car that Newey hasn't had a chance to tinker with yet.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

i know OGG is a big Formula 1 fan, and i like that racing too.....but i'm a big fan of IMSA (even tho, i don't follow it like i did in the 80's and early 90's....mostly cuz i don't have cable anymore). i love the 24 Houres du LeMans, but i also am a fan of the American LeMans series too.

and for those who are not really familiar with F-1 or IMSA.....yes.....there IS racing that have RIGHT turns. :grin:

IMSA became ALMS and that has merged with Grand Am now to become the TUDOR United Sportscar Racing series which is what the Daytona 24 is now running under. I am looking forward to seeing the C7.R being raced in anger for the first time.

Nice. I'm really curious to see how all the merging and car class condensing will mix things up this year.

Last edited:
IMSA became ALMS and that has merged with Grand Am now to become the TUDOR United Sportscar Racing series which is what the Daytona 24 is now running under. I am looking forward to seeing the C7.R being raced in anger for the first time.

yea.....i knew there were changes in what organization was running things, but like i said, without cable, it's really hard to keep up with it all.
but we're still seeing the same kind of races at most of the same tracks as IMSA used to run. so i'm ok with that.

i'm very interested in seeing how the Ford motor/trans units are gonna work, even tho some of them are in "GM" chassis, since it seems that are maybe 4 chassis platforms (none are ford) and 4 or 5 engine/drive platforms, and they can all interchange.

i get the "level the field" notion, but i STILL love the days of Porsche vs Ford vs Ferarri vs everyone else. 7.5 liter V8 thundering detroit iron against 12 cylinder aluminum screamers.

The Rolex Series used to come to Phoenix and race the Daytona prototypes on the road course. Unfortunately they stopped racing here, but I try to watch whenever they televise them.
NASCAR is here twice a year and I rarely miss them.

yea....that had the race RED flagged for over an hour. everyone had to stop where they were at and just sit in the car.

Back