For Chris Thile fans...

Saw Nickel Creek here in Dallas last week, and damn. He didn't rip it up like he does with the Punch Brothers, but it was a fine evening of music. At the end, they played "Where is Love Now" without any mics at all, just standing at the foot of the stage in a sold-out 1,700 capacity theater. You could hear a fucking pin drop.

At the end, they played "Where is Love Now" without any mics at all, just standing at the foot of the stage in a sold-out 1,700 capacity theater. You could hear a fucking pin drop.

They did that tonight too. They do not suck.

I'm more of a simple/traditional bluegrass type of lover but that was pretty cute...

I only have one Nickle Creek cd....Couldn't get into them enough to pick up another...

I only writ a handfull of bluegrass tunes,and shit they are fun to play and sing...

I'm gonna paint this town
Cause I am so blue............
I think that I,will paint this town blue
Come summer I'll be gone
I'm a long way from home.......

My heart hurts me so..................
I miss you so much
I miss you so much
that my heart hurts me, so...................
Come summer I'll be gone...
I'm a long way from home.....

Ahhhhhhhhhhh.......

Last edited:
Mmm... Nickel Creek.

I can relate to the subterranean, passive aggressive animosity of "Somebody More Like You." I was going to send it to my ex-GF for breaking my heart, but my higher self thankfully intervened.

Ha ha....

If I was home right now
it would be supper time
Instead of 2 o'clock
in the afternoon
Come summer I'll be gone
I'm a long way from home.........

Ok...Gonna shower now and maybe go for a cycle....

Step aside folks and let the fun and games begin......

Skip homecoming and go see him play.
Football tickets have already been purchased. Plans to see friends have already been made. Drummergirl isn't so much of a fan of virtuosic mandolin playing as I am. Unfortunately, that's not an option at this point.

Football tickets have already been purchased. Plans to see friends have already been made. Drummergirl isn't so much of a fan of virtuosic mandolin playing as I am. Unfortunately, that's not an option at this point.

You can always come down with a 24 hour illness, urge DG to go to the game and sneak off to something awesome in-between. :embarrassed:

Back