Foods you can't eat anymore

For those suffering from chronic pancreatitis, foods to avoid include:
  • Avoid refined foods such as pastas, sugar, and white bread.
  • Avoid red meats, if possible.
  • Make sure you avoid margarine and also cut out foods that contain trans fats, such as commercially made cakes, cookies, and doughnuts.
  • There is a connection between chronic pancreatitis and drinking alcohol as well. If you are susceptible to pancreatitis avoid alcohol.
  • Avoid stimulants such as tea and coffee.
  • Other foods that you should avoid are pizza, beans, cheeses, fried foods, butter, and eggs.
  • You should also avoid stimulants such as cigarettes.

For those suffering from chronic pancreatitis, foods to avoid include:
  • Avoid refined foods such as pastas, sugar, and white bread.
  • Avoid red meats, if possible.
  • Make sure you avoid margarine and also cut out foods that contain trans fats, such as commercially made cakes, cookies, and doughnuts.
  • There is a connection between chronic pancreatitis and drinking alcohol as well. If you are susceptible to pancreatitis avoid alcohol.
  • Avoid stimulants such as tea and coffee.
  • Other foods that you should avoid are pizza, beans, cheeses, fried foods, butter, and eggs.
  • You should also avoid stimulants such as cigarettes.

Mojo. :(

I could handle the last one about cigs no problem, and probably the margarine one - all the others are pretty much deal-breakers.

Pasta and tomato sauce...since my surgery pasta does not digest and the acid in tomatoes makes me nauseous...

...it's the one and only regret I have...

Can you eat pizza then? Pretty much the same thing as far as your stomach is concerned, isn't it?

Can you eat pizza then? Pretty much the same thing as far as your stomach is concerned, isn't it?
I can...but the difference is in pasta's nature to expand in your stomach...and there is a much lower concentration of tomato sauce in pizza...

Don't ask about the time I had a pepperoni slice...:messedup:

Back